Dumbest move you’ve pulled, whilst swimbait fishing?

Shane Snell

Lost a hudd, it was mid to late March and I want to get on the water with my yak.  After a few months of icefishing, I haven't made any type of cast.  I get on my yak for the first time since hardwater, stand up to make my first cast and I decided to bomb my cast.  Will, rusty me almost fell into 43 deg water as I'm midway into my cast but aimed to fall on my yak and must have turned the reel handle as I fell, good bye hudd.

Palomar knot

20220324_174436.jpg

20220324_175412.jpg

17 minutes ago, buzzed bait said:

i'll just go on and share the video for everyone's entertainment, why not....

Oh man, this same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Lost the fish too.

Drove an HR to the lake and pulled up the ramp to look at the boat and my trolling motor was not on it. It was in the garage at home. Such a windy day too. Wife came through to save the day. I've done this twice.

Finally had a day to take the kayak out on the river and was so excited that I accidentally grabbed two female ends of a paddle:

291BB90F-4276-42EE-8529-F65CD32C5C19.thumb.jpeg.bb40669bd37217448a7fc60b8dbac34d.jpeg

I didn’t realize until it was too late and I had already arrived at my destination. Ended up only using half a paddle for the entire day because I didn’t have any materials to bind the two pieces together nor did I have the spirit to ask around for duct tape. Couldn’t buy a bite on a swimbait and probably did more paddling than fishing that day :lol:

I car topped my kayak which I hate doing because it’s a PITA, drove 20 minutes to the lake, cast around a bit from the bank, and then unloaded everything. 

Took the kayak off the car, set up everything in the kayak, go to push off and realize I left my life jacket at home. This spot was about .5 miles from the DNR regional office so I was not about to push my luck. 

I packed my stuff up and went home, mad at myself but I can tell you it made me pay more attention after that. 

Had a fish with a mouth that was an inch or two wider than the deps 250 I was throwing come up to t bone the living crap out of my bait and my stupid self got the jitters and swung early. Still hurts because that fish was a trout eater and every bit of 10-11 lbs at the low end. Other than that I casted off an OG first year biwa masu in 30 mph winds because I had a kink in my line and just did not give a crap for some reason(couldn’t tell you why). Zing zing zing POP and there it went into about 10 ft of hydrilla towers. 

Already told the story of losing my dobyns/lexa/pg.  

Was on a dock, open water in front of me, channel to the right.  Ive seen some big gold fish(carp) so I tied on the gold fish bullshad 8”.  Nothing in open water, turn to the right to try the channel.  “Dont hit the buoy”  hit the buoy and it just stuck. Buoy rotated and i can see my bait hanging on the line.  
Bait wont come off.  Im a pretty proficient swimmer.  Left my shoes on.  Found out i can hold on to the buoy, my bait, but not my pliers dropped the pliers when the buoy rotated.  Ended up pulling the bait until i bent out the hooks that were through the line.  
Got my bait back.  

I snagged up a ufo about 6in under the water while shore banging in a pretty secluded swamp in south Louisiana. 1st mistake was I just swam to get it even though I'd seen multiple alligators and water moccasins in that spot. 2nd mistake I was so nervous and just wanted to get it over with I left my wallet and phone in my pocket lol. Got the ufo back though. Wife wasn't happy for a lot of reasons lol. 

I’ve been very lucky. 
Left my snap open and fished an OG 250 for about an hour, it came off as I was picking it up out of the water, so lucky I was able to jump down and grab it with the rod. 
Casted off a 1 day old Hinkle Trout and was able to get it back because it floated to the surface! After that it was a sinking bait. Not sure what happened there but I won’t complain!