Nighttime baits?

Mossypumpkin

What are you guys' favorite night baits? Been doing work on the possum but cant get bit on anything else. Do any of you do well on sinking baits? Thinking next time I am gonna throw my 11" Naits trout in SS. Makes a lot of noise, pushes water, and can be fished on top on a medium retrieve. I suspect that at night, there is no bait too big.

Also, What are some good baits for BIG smallies at night? I have a lake nearby I was thinking of fishing off the dock at night. Has plenty of 4+ pound smallies with some 5+ pounders. Also has a few good LM to 5lbs. Was wondering if there is a better choice than slammers and possums..

I do ok for the small mouth at night with a all black s waver. I fish it stupid slow with a sped up crank or jerk every now an again. I made a slammer style bait that cranks down 6 ft or so that i been doing ok on.

my goto night time bait for smallies is the 7" white slammer. When the smallies are feeding on alawives on top during the night time at the local lakes I fish, I'll dead stick and give the bait a little twitch occasionally then bam, set the hook and reel like crazy. I use the 7" because it's close to the size of the alewives. The smallies will attempt to knock out some of the bait fish while they round them up then turn back and eat the ko ones.

Bass Wake Jr, 7" white slammer, rof 5 68 special, 175 slide swimmer, or a rm negotiator. Pretty much the same lures I get bit on during the day. Once a week to get my fix I've been going out with nothing but mighty minnows and just crushed bass in the 1-2# range.