50 Shades of UFOBAITCO

A7T3C

6 minutes ago, Whammy said:

“Responds to occasional DMs and immediately offers a refund at any sign of trouble, while meanwhile working on several other projects and pre selling more baits before fulfilling his last order. Highly recommend, 5 stars”

I believe I’ve said this to several other people in regards to Erik, his customer service is great, until it isn’t.  He was extremely nice and helpful along the way, until it came time to deliver on things and then all of the sudden he’s too busy and I’ll get ya next week or hit me up in two weeks we’ll get you squared away etc etc until those weeks go by and now you’ve been brushed under the rug with the rest of the dust. 

He’s not the only guilty party, but not enough is said about it and honestly I wouldn’t have said anything publicly unless someone else got it started, but now I’m glad I did. I am sure everyone’s else’s experiences will differ and although I didn’t initiate this thread, I am sure the positive stories are just as welcomed. 

I believe the part that is lost upon people is it’s not so much the taking of the money and failing to deliver in a timely manner, it’s the constant lying about “lost packages”. He hides behind that excuse and it just doesn’t happen that often. 

$hit buddy, you're making me want to make one eyed Willy blind in both eyes! :D

18 minutes ago, Whammy said:

“Responds to occasional DMs and immediately offers a refund at any sign of trouble, while meanwhile working on several other projects and pre selling more baits before fulfilling his last order. Highly recommend, 5 stars”

I believe the part that is lost upon people is it’s not so much the taking of the money and failing to deliver in a timely manner, it’s the constant lying about “lost packages”. He hides behind that excuse and it just doesn’t happen that often. 

Nailed it, 100%

Like, give me a timeframe - and you won't hear ish from me until we enter that timeline. When you tell me 'Ready next weekend boss' and 50 variations of it 10 times within a 6 month period, it just diminishes your word.

No time for a bait you committed to making months ago, but pre-orders are on full swing, more sales are being advertised and when you finally get around to it (supposedly) it's insta-lost the day it arrives at USPS. Add in offering a refund every time someone reaches out for an update, and it's all just a big crutch for him. Funny enough, didn't he relocate this year? Wonder how that UFO Cartel running USPS at both previous and current location is smuggling those baits around.

Kick rocks, he makes good baits but is far from handling business in a proper way.

I own several UFOs now and I probably just made my last purchase with Whammy obvious but that was between me and him but was a pleasurable experience like always and hopefully for years to come. And I'll have to admit, I was on Jackson's IG account the other day and was amazed buy his collection of UFOs or what once was. It's hard for me to purchase baits so I'll probably keep what I have but I will vow to never make a purchase from Erik personally. I've had a bad experience with Phoney so I kind of understand. Thanks guys for the heads up!

i’ve purchased multiple baits  from UFO and have never had any hiccups with any of my orders. have i had to wait on some PREORDERS? sure (only took 2 weeks after scheduled date), but that’s something im fully aware of when purchasing a yet to be made item.  every bait that he makes takes hours and hours of work and dedication so that the bait performs to its name (and none of you cant say shiiit about the bait because we all know it catches fish) and unlike hinkle or other makers ufo always communicates with his customers and either tries to make it right or offers a refund (try to get a refund from hinkle or fish everything). to each their own but UFO will always have my support. 

Edited by GoodVibez_TightLines

Anyone know where he is at with the last pre order? I pre ordered a sunkist wake, not the first time buyer one. Anybody getting these yet? Could have sworn it said shipping in 4 weeks. This thread has me second guessing. 

I have had several bad experiences with bait makers and their lack of communication. Bottom line.....if they become or are a diva or do not communicate I will not buy or use their brand. We are all busy. There is no excuse for not answering emails. Especially when they have a contact us link on their website.

Sounds like a swimbait Ponzi scheme. Collect money, keep people tied up until you can collect another batch of money, then send out the first batch of baits. Now you’re always one bank deposit ahead of your next transaction and you know there’s always gonna be another swimbait sucker to pile into a preorder so ball keeps rolling. Why borrow money when you can just make a post on the internet and people send it to you?

3 hours ago, GoodVibez_TightLines said:

i’ve purchased multiple baits  from UFO and have never had any hiccups with any of my orders. have i had to wait on some PREORDERS? sure (only took 2 weeks after scheduled date), but that’s something im fully aware of when purchasing a yet to be made item.  every bait that he makes takes hours and hours of work and dedication so that the bait performs to its name (and none of you cant say shiiit about the bait because we all know it catches fish) and unlike hinkle or other makers ufo always communicates with his customers and either tries to make it right or offers a refund (try to get a refund from hinkle or fish everything). to each their own but UFO will always have my support. 

Tell us your his butt buddy without telling us ,  must be one of the buddy's who was mentioned in pervious post that gets baits first while others wait . 

I'm new to the game of swimbait.  And I have a major addiction to collecting em. And buy into the hype. I feel for both side of the story. The customer and the vendor.

I've paid the high dollar price on baits. And I've sold items at the cost of my purchase. 

I think the pre-order way is and will always be the wrong way to sell/buy baits.

The idea of banking the money before building.  Is crazy me, to gauge, expense to profit.

And the unexpected life events. 

And I love supporting builders and paints.

And custom orders. I can name a few guys I buy baits from just to support them.  That I've never fished or would sell them.

Please don't give me and hate. I only wanted to express that pre-order is the wrong way for any vendor to sell and build on. 

Since this thread will get eyes on it, I've had nothing but positive helpful and on time interactions with UFO. I understand waiting on pre-orders is frustrating but they've always come for me. I think once refunds were being offered repeatedly there isn't much of a leg to stand on. It also fell between drops from the sound of it, as in he offered to piggyback it on the next batch and that batch didn't happen for a while. Also, my understanding is that ships and minis are very difficult to build and tune to fish up to his standards, which everyone is admitting are very high. To me, UFO is an example of building super hype and effective baits and actually trying to meet market demand with enough baits while keeping up with the service side. I think considering the way other hype bait sales and pre-orders go he's doing a good job. Just my 2 cents and not to discredit some of these frustrating experiences others have had. Tight lines

1 hour ago, Evoss said:

wanted to express that pre-order is the wrong way for any vendor to sell and build on. 

There are some vendors / builders that do pre-orders consistently and have no problems. It can and does work if executed properly.

Edited by chevro1et

Also not choosing sides as I’ve had some bad experiences with a few bait makers that I won’t name here.

What I can say about my dealings and communication with Eric is that he’s been great at answering all my stupid questions about baits I’ve acquired, how far some dive, with repairs, etc.

I totally feel for anyone that feels like they were treated unfairly or poorly by any bait maker but I will continue to support Eric as he’s always done me right and treated me fairly.  Again, not choosing sides here.

There are two bait makers that shall remain nameless that I will not do future business with so I get it.  Small business is tough as ish. What they do is an art but that doesn’t necessarily translate to good customer service. I at least feel he cares and tries to make things right compared to some other bait makers I’ve dealt with.  Specifically dudes  that won’t give you a refund for baits you paid for or respond to messages.  Leaving you wondering if you will ever receive them.

Again, sorry for anyone that feels they got screwed. I for one know exactly how it feels.  

47 minutes ago, mrlang123 said:

Since this thread will get eyes on it, I've had nothing but positive helpful and on time interactions with UFO. I understand waiting on pre-orders is frustrating but they've always come for me. I think once refunds were being offered repeatedly there isn't much of a leg to stand on. It also fell between drops from the sound of it, as in he offered to piggyback it on the next batch and that batch didn't happen for a while. Also, my understanding is that ships and minis are very difficult to build and tune to fish up to his standards, which everyone is admitting are very high. To me, UFO is an example of building super hype and effective baits and actually trying to meet market demand with enough baits while keeping up with the service side. I think considering the way other hype bait sales and pre-orders go he's doing a good job. Just my 2 cents and not to discredit some of these frustrating experiences others have had. Tight lines

As Robert Lewis Gordon said, “the service from him is great until it isn’t”

these bad experiences with him are not due to lapse of drops, him taking extra time to tune a bait perfectly, the issue is deceit

3 minutes ago, JacksonF said:

As Robert Lewis Gordon said, “the service from him is great until it isn’t”

these bad experiences with him are not due to lapse of drops, him taking extra time to tune a bait perfectly, the issue is deceit

I'm not going to argue, bash, accuse, or anything like that  and you and I have done and I would do business again just but want to say there are two sides to every story and deceit certainly can go both ways. Cheers