Swimbait sling pack recommendations

Shane Snell

So, I’ve got to switch from a 36 liter hiking backpack to, a sling pack. (Yes…..I carry enough crap to fill a 36 liter hiking backpack.)

Anyway, a left shoulder injury, is telling me that 1: I carry too much stuff and 2: the strap beats the snot out of that shoulder. I’m looking for suggestions, from those of you, that use them. I’m literally trying to find the largest capacity I can find. I’ve found a few Simms bags that could possibly work. Seems like fishing designed slings, are geared towards fly fishing. Especially in size.

Really……if it’s a sling pack, has a high load capacity, not garbage, and preferably waterproof, I don’t care what the bag is designed for. I’ll figure out a way to make it work. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I thank you. Although, the wallet and the wife, will not thank you. But that’s a risk that you, and I, are willing to take. Because….because we just do what we can. For America. 

37 minutes ago, Shane Snell said:

Because….because we just do what we can. For America. 

yes…..yes we do.  I can’t help out with a recommendation but I hope you find a glorious sling pack adorned with the baldest of eagles and the volume to fit every piece of both necessary and unnecessary equipment. I salute you sir!

4 hours ago, Shane Snell said:

Really……if it’s a sling pack, has a high load capacity, not garbage, and preferably waterproof, I don’t care what the bag is designed for. I’ll figure out a way to make it work. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I thank you. A

5.11 has some 18L tactical slings. They aren't waterproof but resistant. I have almost pulled the trigger on one a couple times now.

https://www.511tactical.com/rush-moab-10.html

Edited by LowSpinner

12 hours ago, Shane Snell said:

So, I’ve got to switch from a 36 liter hiking backpack to, a sling pack. (Yes…..I carry enough crap to fill a 36 liter hiking backpack.)

Anyway, a left shoulder injury, is telling me that 1: I carry too much stuff and 2: the strap beats the snot out of that shoulder. I’m looking for suggestions, from those of you, that use them. I’m literally trying to find the largest capacity I can find. I’ve found a few Simms bags that could possibly work. Seems like fishing designed slings, are geared towards fly fishing. Especially in size.

Really……if it’s a sling pack, has a high load capacity, not garbage, and preferably waterproof, I don’t care what the bag is designed for. I’ll figure out a way to make it work. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I thank you. Although, the wallet and the wife, will not thank you. But that’s a risk that you, and I, are willing to take. Because….because we just do what we can. For America. 

If you carry that much weight why don’t you look for a nice pack that has a frame like a Kuiu or Kifaru that distributes all the weight to your hips not your shoulders