Wish I was posting in the Got'em section

Triv

Ouch thats never a good feeling. The only worse feeling is when you have a 52-54" muskie on which hit about 3 cranks after that bait hit the water then fighting it all the way to the boat only to have your newbie friend poke it off!!! Needless to say..... he hasnt been muskie fishing with me since. That fish would have dwarfed my pb of 49.5" and I prob would have got a replica mount of it. Always sucks losing fish whether you see them or not. Feel your pain!

Jeremy

Had to go to work this morning at 8, so I decided to hit the water for an hour and a half before. Pulled up to a favorite island point and launched my bait. About half way in, my bait got crushed. Damn near took my rod. The butt of the rod pulled out from behind my arm and I caught it with my neck. I was reeling the entire time to keep pressure on the fish. Never have I felt a fish pull the way this thing was. Ripping drag from my Curado 300D. About 15 seconds later, the bait popped and came to the top. To say I'm heartbroken is an understatement! Good fish have been few and far between for me this year and I am not lying when I say this was by far the hardest fighting fish I have ever encountered. Man I wish I saw what was on the end of that line!

remember the weather conditions... find another day that will have similar characteristics - and go back and reenact the same type of cast. where there is 1 there is more...

bring them to the shore next time!

GL

Cant dwell on it.

I had a DD on all the way to the boat. It looked me in the eye, took a dive making my curado scream and *POP*. My PB would of doubled from a 5lber to a DD but now ill never know.

To top it off, later that day I hooked and landed a 8.2lber. I could of had 20 lbs for 2 fish. Nightmares I have to live with :cry: