Any rods that can do 3/8 oz and 3oz?

BullyBee

i looked for a rod like that and from what i heard it would be the irod kaimana coastal  794 poes mag stick and if you really are fien with spendidn money for one do it on TW they have one in stock and they have been hard to find recently.

I never threw a UFO I'm assuming you're throwing a 6-in which probably comes in about two two and a half ounces if that's the case I would look at Rod's from Megabass As stated previously the Dragoon is a very capable stick that may suit your needs. The largest I throw on the Dragoon is 2.5oz. There are better sticks of course but it all depends on how much coin you're going to throw into it as there's other brands that have similar specs that will be quite a bit cheaper than what a megabass stick will cost you, for instance IRoD has the Jr. SB stick last I remember and a few others as well. Another note is is it going to be used for soft Plastics if it's going to be used for mainly a treble hook Rod then sensitivity may not be an issue.

I have a Megabass Valkyrie 6’6”. I throw TiKs on it, 3oz glides and a couple weeks ago I threw a frog on it. Launches them all. Rates up to 5oz but I think 3.5oz would be my max. Most versatile rod I’ve ever owned. Link is below. 

https://jdmtackleheaven.com/products/megabass-valkyrie-world-expedition-vkc-66xh

1 hour ago, jp_midwest said:

i looked for a rod like that and from what i heard it would be the irod kaimana coastal  794 poes mag stick and if you really are fien with spendidn money for one do it on TW they have one in stock and they have been hard to find recently.

You can also check fishall brand, I think they have them in stock as well. 

55 minutes ago, Cristo said:

I never threw a UFO I'm assuming you're throwing a 6-in which probably comes in about two two and a half ounces if that's the case I would look at Rod's from Megabass As stated previously the Dragoon is a very capable stick that may suit your needs. The largest I throw on the Dragoon is 2.5oz. There are better sticks of course but it all depends on how much coin you're going to throw into it as there's other brands that have similar specs that will be quite a bit cheaper than what a megabass stick will cost you, for instance IRoD has the Jr. SB stick last I remember and a few others as well. Another note is is it going to be used for soft Plastics if it's going to be used for mainly a treble hook Rod then sensitivity may not be an issue.

I believe the 6” ufo wake comes in just over 3oz. The triza dragoon is a very neat stick and has caught my attention many times. 

1 hour ago, Mkel83 said:

I have a Megabass Valkyrie 6’6”. I throw TiKs on it, 3oz glides and a couple weeks ago I threw a frog on it. Launches them all. Rates up to 5oz but I think 3.5oz would be my max. Most versatile rod I’ve ever owned. Link is below. 

https://jdmtackleheaven.com/products/megabass-valkyrie-world-expedition-vkc-66xh

I have both World Expedition shorty sticks and they are the bee's knees they're probably my two favorite swimbait rods aside from the Cookai 7'10" the four piece 7 ft 11 extra heavy

1 hour ago, Bassmann86 said:

You can also check fishall brand, I think they have them in stock as well. 

I believe the 6” ufo wake comes in just over 3oz. The triza dragoon is a very neat stick and has caught my attention many times. 

I've pushed Rod limits beyond their lure weight range quite a bit but I can tell you the Dragoon would not like 3 oz even with this swimbait tip attached in my humble opinion of course, but 2-2.5oz is the limit for trebz in my hands.

I gave up on the Black Jack just because it wasn't an offset handle but you might want to look into that rod that's a sweet Rod one of the best from Megabass IMHO except for the slight minus for me not being a offset handle(for me anyway). Most of my rods now are offset Handle or multi-piece specimens as I like to tote them around when I go on vacations

14 hours ago, mconn11 said:

Bit of a cheat, but the Megabass Triza Dragoon comes with 2 tips and covers that entire range.

+1 except IMHO 3oz is just a bit too much for the Dragoon even in SB configuration. 

I would also throw in the white python in any generation although I think 3 oz is a bit too much for that Rod too at least in my hands

23 minutes ago, Cristo said:

I gave up on the Black Jack just because it wasn't an offset handle but you might want to look into that rod that's a sweet Rod one of the best from Megabass IMHO except for the slight minus for me not being a offset handle(for me anyway). Most of my rods now are offset Handle or multi-piece specimens as I like to tote them around when I go on vacations

I second the blackjack. It’s one solid stick. I’m like you giving up on the blackjack but I wanted a little bit more parabolic rod so I went with a leviathan omega H. 

23 minutes ago, Cristo said:

+1 except IMHO 3oz is just a bit too much for the Dragoon even in SB configuration. 

I would also throw in the white python in any generation although I think 3 oz is a bit too much for that Rod too at least in my hands

The Valkyrie WE 7’8” H could work. I’ve tossed 3/8 under spins with 4” swims in the bay all the way up to A-rigs in the 3oz range on it