DRT Ghost Pike

Jim137a

Since it was Halloween just had to throw the ghost - LOL. Actually been throwing it quite a bit lately looking for a big bite and testing out the different modes you can fish this bait. 

Such a fin bait to throw on the right rod - nameless customs 868 makes throwing 9 oz. All day a breeze  

F9795CA6-87DC-4000-8C2B-A32E9A8B0E6D.jpeg

6835AE32-ED01-4634-86EB-BE4F63C2139A.jpeg

FFD06E03-6DC4-4CCB-8586-9073497DC592.jpeg

8 minutes ago, FishDr said:

Gorgeous northern!  When your fish is longer than your measuring board, you're doing something right.

Thanks for the kind words. I’m hoping for a few more and possibly a Muskie before the season ends here. 

I missed an absolute giant of a Muskie the other day on the ghost - hoping to go back soon and find him in a more aggressive mood. 

27 minutes ago, Fried Lemons said:

Great pike! Do you use a leader for these fish?  I’ve been taking my chances using bigger hard baits in the hopes that they won’t touch the line and haven’t been bitten off… yet.

I’m using about 12” to 18” of 40 # flouro as a leader. 

they generally T bone the bait so with bigger baits - 12” and above the chances of getting bit off are minimal but I don’t want to lose my Cali Dream ghost so I use flouro leader.  

6 hours ago, Dieseldog13 said:

Way to go Jim. My shoulder aches just looking at that 14” bait.

With the right rod it’s really not an issue - the Nameless Customs 868 handles it really nice.