Painting reel parts

Dink whisperer

Gomexus recently added aftermarket star drag replacements. They have a black aluminum one that says it fits the Shimano Curado K. I’ve always just messaged them via FB or IG for specific model fitting questions before I plan on making a purchase. 

https://gomexus.com/products/diy-aluminum-star-drag-for-shimano?pr_prod_strat=use_description&pr_rec_id=2b530ce31&pr_rec_pid=6827674468451&pr_ref_pid=6749883629667&pr_seq=uniform&variant=40039437762659

4 minutes ago, SVT THUNDER said:

Gomexus recently added aftermarket star drag replacements. They have a black aluminum one that says it fits the Shimano Curado K. I’ve always just messaged them via FB or IG for specific model fitting questions before I plan on making a purchase. 

https://gomexus.com/products/diy-aluminum-star-drag-for-shimano?pr_prod_strat=use_description&pr_rec_id=2b530ce31&pr_rec_pid=6827674468451&pr_ref_pid=6749883629667&pr_seq=uniform&variant=40039437762659

I saw those but it doesn't specify if they fit 300 sized reels which I'm assuming are different. I asked somebody in their chat (since I don't have socials) and they said it wouldn't fit so not sure..... 

Edited by Dink whisperer

Just now, Dink whisperer said:

I saw those but it doesn't specify if they fit 300 sized reels which I'm assuming are different. I asked somebody in their chat and they said it wouldn't fit so..... 

Ahh…it figures. They need to get more specific about the reel models that their products fit and don’t fit. That’s why I’ve always asked first. Which it seems you have. If I run across what you need, I’ll hit you up. 

9 hours ago, Jim137a said:

Reach out to @Bmc_custom_repair on IG - He custom paints reels

I don't have any socials at the moment. 

4 hours ago, Uknowme said:

I would look into cerakote. When I used to be into customizing all my reels I had one done completely in cerakote. Most gun shops will paint the parts, plus it’s durable. 

I actually have a Glock done in it. Didn't even think of it. Thanks

Edited by Dink whisperer

If the parts are metal, you could look into having them anodized or electro-plated.  Parts have to stay within tolerances so they fit back together and function properly.  I know of some guys that have had a hard time with cerakote on vintage razors not meeting tolerances once they have been coated.

Edited by chevro1et
yeah