Glide Bait Recommendations

JFara

I’ve never fished a glide bait before and looking to get started next spring. With the ice coming early in IL I have some time to look into a few baits. Any recommendations that won’t break the bank? I know the S-Waver 168 is a popular choice for beginners.  
Thanks S/U

Hey man! Been watching your topic and decided i'd voice my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt because i'm not very experienced but maybe I can provide some newbie recommendations that are simple to use. I guess it depends quite a bit on your location but for me, i've had great results on my savage gear shine glide, savage gear s-swimmer, and s-wavers as well. If I had to choose one of those it would be the shine glide 7.25". I think it glides much better than the other low end stuff but its a pretty hard bait to throw just because of the helicoptering. In my opinion, the s-waver is not all its made up to be, honestly i'm not a fan at all. Obviously, if you can get your hands on a deps, or a drt I would absolutely recommend them, but the klash is pretty hard to figure out if your new to gliding, so I would stick with a basic. As I said before, take my advise pretty lightly, but maybe my response will be a bump for some more experiences members.

Good luck this winter,

Blessings,

Asa

im in the chicago land area and i love throwing the gan craft jointed claw 178 and if you decide you want one try and buy it from either lee's bait and tackle or japan import tackle, they are shops in the chicago land area that are tight-knit with gancraft and other Japanese brands.  

I think the storm arashi is a great bait to start out with. Readily available, relatively inexpensive, and plain gets bit. Also, most just think of trout profiles when starting out with glides, but don't sleep on stuff like the baitsanity explorer gill glide. Great gill glide that checks all the same boxes as the arashi. It's also pretty customizable with multiple tail options available and suspend strips included. Good way to learn how adjustments can affect the functionality and swim of a glide. Anyway, just my .02.  Good luck and tight lines!

Everyone's recommendations are great on here. The only thing I would add is to get a glide in a different speed and width of glide. Then you can hone in on a confidence glide while you figure the others out. Not sure of your budget so I'll go low on recommendations. I would start with a deps 250 or savage gear magnum shine glide for a nice wide slow glide. With either of those glide I just go nice slow retrieve with a stop and go every once and a while. The large size is all that's needed to get noticed. For a medium glide that can get a bit more twitch I would go with a gancraft 178 or megabass I slide. I refer the gancraft because I can dart it around a whole lot more with out the bait either blowing out up or diving right down. Last are tight fast glide. Go with a megabass 135 or flow glider. I knock the joints down. You can twitch the thing like crazy. There's a whole lot more but this is a good start. 

1 hour ago, jiggerjake said:

Maybe check out the Spro KGB Chad Shads. I have a few of his shop baits and they are money. I haven't tried these new resin baits Spro is making for him though.

I could be wrong but I think the baits spro is making are gonna be abs plastic not resin.