Bass-a-thon!

Danny C.

Drove 4 hours to my 1st and last Bass-a-thon. Had a 350lb Neanderthal trying to pick a fight me cause he said that I cut him in line waiting for the Savage Gear line thru. I was like what line are you talking about? There is no line!! There were no line for all of the booths. But seriously where's the security or do I have to carry a equalizer with me! Might need to Mob Deep?! BTW the deps booth was a joke.

I really don't get why everyone is bitching about the vendors. They do that at every show, every year. Whether it's Fred hall or bassathon. It's a privelage you get since you can't shop while the show is open and you need to watch the booth.

The vendors are there to work, they are there because it's their job/profession. It's all about ethics. By no means is it a privilege to shop while you are there to work. They saw the line for the bait but didn't care. What those vendors are doing is displaying themselves in a bad manner to potential customers that they cut the line on.

Does it happen at all shows? Yes .Is it right for them to do? No.

Simple way to fix it... Keep the baits behind the booth next time and hand out numbered tickets based on order to receive your bait.

I really don't get why everyone is bitching about the vendors. They do that at every show, every year. Whether it's Fred hall or bassathon. It's a privelage you get since you can't shop while the show is open and you need to watch the booth.

The vendors are there to work, they are there because it's their job/profession. It's all about ethics. By no means is it a privilege to shop while you are there to work. They saw the line for the bait but didn't care. What those vendors are doing is displaying themselves in a bad manner to potential customers that they cut the line on.

Does it happen at all shows? Yes .Is it right for them to do? No.

Simple way to fix it... Keep the baits behind the booth next time and hand out numbered tickets based on order to receive your bait.

Perfect!! Amen! It's a job. Most vendors had their homies roll in the back door with them and got baits before anyone. Dudes got bait I didn't even see in line

Vendors, customers, walkers, jumpers....they're still just gonna end up at double or triple the price on ebay or here because of the supply and demand. Flippers are flippers, life sucks, more will be made, and we'll still catch fish and I'm sure those that really want one will get one eventually. Does suck for the guys that wanted one to actually fish instead of flipping though. Hope you guys get one!

Wish I could of went to BAT, screw the bait if I had to fight over it! I'd of been talking to Butch instead, trying to figure out how to get more of my followers turned into fish in the boat with a glide. Cuz when it comes down to it, the bait is just a tool, the guy that is controlling that tool is the true key to success.

And I wonder if the brigaders leave trash at the lakes like they left their trash today. I won't go to another bassathon again that's for sure!

You guys need to quit clumping a bunch of dudes together because they got the same hat on, there's assholes in every group. That dude in so-cal leaving trash in the parking lot had the same jacket that I have, I must be a total inconsiderate prick ;) .

Hope those of you who attended bassathon had a good time, I have yet to hear a positive comment about the show, which is incredibly unfortunate.

The vendors are fisherman too. It's usually not their job or profession, they feel successful if they break even, and are ecstatic if their sales covered the cost of the trip plus a bait or two. And no, not all vendors are flipping them. Last year Adam Cargill and I grabbed a couple slides, and guess what? We have caught fish on them. It's not so black and white is the point I'm making. It was a culmination of factors. If the vendors hadn't waited until 8 to grab baits, there wouldn't have even been any, and many of us actually gave our baits away to guys in line who were bummed. Don't be so quick to judge until you've been behind the counter and had to deal with it yourself.

And I wonder if the brigaders leave trash at the lakes like they left their trash today. I won't go to another bassathon again that's for sure!

You guys need to quit clumping a bunch of dudes together because they got the same hat on, there's assholes in every group. That dude in so-cal leaving trash in the parking lot had the same jacket that I have, I must be a total inconsiderate prick ;) .

Hope those of you who attended bassathon had a good time, I have yet to hear a positive comment about the show, which is incredibly unfortunate.

The very first Saiko Trout slide swimmer is on ebay right now listed for 350$ and they have a SU shirt in the background, in which case we are all bait flippers.

The very first Saiko Trout slide swimmer is on ebay right now listed for 350$ and they have a SU shirt in the background, in which case we are all bait flippers.

Well, that analogy actually holds true :lol:

+1 Very true! I remember when the 3:16 craze was what everyone posted about and something that I believe Mickey said still holds true, the ones bitching about not getting the baits are usually the very ones that would be flipping them if they had them.

The vendors are fisherman too. It's usually not their job or profession, they feel successful if they break even, and are ecstatic if their sales covered the cost of the trip plus a bait or two. And no, not all vendors are flipping them. Last year Adam Cargill and I grabbed a couple slides, and guess what? We have caught fish on them. It's not so black and white is the point I'm making. It was a culmination of factors. If the vendors hadn't waited until 8 to grab baits, there wouldn't have even been any, and many of us actually gave our baits away to guys in line who were bummed. Don't be so quick to judge until you've been behind the counter and had to deal with it yourself.

I completely understand your logic and where you are coming from. I would have zero complaints or disagreements if those vendors waited in line. Knowing how fast these and other products sell out, they could have set up their booths last night and waited in line with the other attendees. Otherwise, like others are venting out, why show up if they have little to no chance purchasing their desired item (except for evans_msmc69's valid point of learning to use products).

I took work off Friday and made sure I was able to get what I came for knowing this happened last year so all my expectations were met and I had a fun time. I just feel bad for the guys behind that were number 4,5,6,7,8.... in line that didn't get a bait.