Bass-a-thon!

Danny C.

The vendors are fisherman too. It's usually not their job or profession, they feel successful if they break even, and are ecstatic if their sales covered the cost of the trip plus a bait or two. And no, not all vendors are flipping them. Last year Adam Cargill and I grabbed a couple slides, and guess what? We have caught fish on them. It's not so black and white is the point I'm making. It was a culmination of factors. If the vendors hadn't waited until 8 to grab baits, there wouldn't have even been any, and many of us actually gave our baits away to guys in line who were bummed. Don't be so quick to judge until you've been behind the counter and had to deal with it yourself.

I think what's being missed. . Is the fact a bunch of dudes waited all night in the cold to get in the door. Mean while "vendors" showed up when ever they had to for set up which I know was not 2 am. Yet when all those dudes from outside turned the corner all the guys that got there at 7 and "worked" for a hour with a ulterior motive of being first in line were all in front of the booth already. Like for instance the 2 dudes with gen craft. They make their own glide bait? Yet both those dudes were in front of the line for slides and both got one. Vendor or not if you want to shop you should have to wait in line with every other person out side like a equal. Or if anglers gets their ish together they should have a number system. As a vendor your there to make money off your product and promote your company. Not shop. Your there to work as a vendor, its their job.

All I know if dude went to hand me a bait, put it in my hand and before I closed my fingers, your buddy behind me says hey man it's me...such and such, and you take that bait out of my hand and put it in the guy behind me.... Someone's taking a respect nap to think about the bullshit they just pulled.

Show was ok. I still just can't get over the crowd in the morning. Good to see some old friends again and meet some new. However I don't think ill be camping out again lol.

Bryson

Hope those of you who attended bassathon had a good time, I have yet to hear a positive comment about the show, which is incredibly unfortunate.

I didn't buy a bait but I had a good time. I pretty much hung out the whole day with Ben (Echoedd), MannyChee, Austin (SwimbaitsLMV), Evan (Unbreakable_bassin), and Luke V. I also saw and chatted with a few other members of the board. But the highlight for me is when I got to talk to Butch. What a great guy! Talked to him for quite a bit and he shared some incredible knowledge. Wow! I feel like my fishing knowledge just doubled! I can't wait to put the things he shared into practice. I remember watching his 18 pounder on video and that inspired me to fish swimbaits. I'm truly honored. Thank you Butch!

post-54-14252990384291_thumb.jpg

Hope those of you who attended bassathon had a good time, I have yet to hear a positive comment about the show, which is incredibly unfortunate.

I didn't buy a bait but I had a good time. I pretty much hung out the whole day with Ben (Echoedd), MannyChee, Austin (SwimbaitsLMV), Evan (Unbreakable_bassin), and Luke V. I also saw and chatted with a few other members of the board. But the highlight for me is when I got to talk to Butch. What a great guy! Talked to him for quite a bit and he shared some incredible knowledge. Wow! I feel like my fishing knowledge just doubled! I can't wait to put the things he shared into practice. I remember watching his 18 pounder on video and that inspired me to fish swimbaits. I'm truly honored. Thank you Butch!

Excellent :D

Its really kind of sad that this event will be remembered more for a really piss poor execution, not more stories that Combat shared with us. Its a bad business model to think its acceptable to be publicly "entitled" to receive goods or services over the consumers who purchase and support all the brands that attend these events. If the vendors had received their baits either in advance of the show opening there would be far less disapoint ment of consumers, resentment and lost sales/word of mouth from consumers also. That is "if" there were any products left after the vendors got theirs. Its not sustainable or acceptable for a business to operate under some of the assumptions mentioned in this thread.

+1 Very true! I remember when the 3:16 craze was what everyone posted about and something that I believe Mickey said still holds true, the ones bitching about not getting the baits are usually the very ones that would be flipping them if they had them.

Most all the opinions are valid..it does suck for the dudes who waited in line a long time. But, I guarantee every one of them would have snaked in the back door at 7:50 if given the chance. It pays to know people. Say you got one and for whatever reason you didn't like it or "didn't fit in your line-up"(my favorite).. I'm sure you would sell it at 160.00 and not 300.00 if given the chance..yeah ok.

If you want one that bad and are willing to pay 200 with tax?...what the hell is another 100? Paying 200 for a bait is pretty ridiculous if you think about it, pony up and pay 300. It's simple. After all, the 250 is the only bait that catches fish these days!

Combat...you should have stuck that bait in your hoodie pocket when the flash went off!..but bs'in with Butch would have been cool. I would have rubbed up against him and stole some of his mojo.

Most all the opinions are valid..it does suck for the dudes who waited in line a long time. But, I guarantee every one of them would have snaked in the back door at 7:50 if given the chance. It pays to know people. Say you got one and for whatever reason you didn't like it or "didn't fit in your line-up"(my favorite).. I'm sure you would sell it at 160.00 and not 300.00 if given the chance..yeah ok.

If you want one that bad and are willing to pay 200 with tax?...what the hell is another 100? Paying 200 for a bait is pretty ridiculous if you think about it, pony up and pay 300. It's simple. After all, the 250 is the only bait that catches fish these days!

Not sure if you're talking to me or generally, but if you're talking to me, I don't flip baits. If I paid $160, the most I will charge for it would be $175 to cover shipping and insurance or if there was tax in it. I didn't see dollar signs when I got into swimbait fishing, I seen big fish. I might of charged a few dollars more in the past but I can assure you that I have lost a ton more money on baits than I have gained. Idiots that do this crap need to go into real estate or the stock market and get out of our sport. But there's no use to whine about it, because if there's a dollar to be made, there will always be someone there competing to make it.

Idiots that do this crap need to go into real estate or the stock market and get out of our sport. But there's no use to whine about it, because if there's a dollar to be made, there will always be someone there competing to make it.

Agreed with you if money is involved, but we as a group don’t buy from them/flippers then it might not get too bad I hope. I believe a person should not have to lose money and even make a reasonable profit, but some of these mark ups just shouldn’t be supported and that is on the buyer not to support to keep it reasonable :!:

The vendors are fisherman too. It's usually not their job or profession, they feel successful if they break even, and are ecstatic if their sales covered the cost of the trip plus a bait or two. And no, not all vendors are flipping them. Last year Adam Cargill and I grabbed a couple slides, and guess what? We have caught fish on them. It's not so black and white is the point I'm making. It was a culmination of factors. If the vendors hadn't waited until 8 to grab baits, there wouldn't have even been any, and many of us actually gave our baits away to guys in line who were bummed. Don't be so quick to judge until you've been behind the counter and had to deal with it yourself.

I would agree IF Butch had NOT said vendors will not be allowed to grabs baits.i had 3 friends who were there to work still waited in line before the show couse they were told Venders had to wait.then they got screwed.

I would agree IF Butch had NOT said vendors will not be allowed to grabs baits.i had 3 friends who were there to work still waited in line before the show couse they were told Venders had to wait.then they got screwed.

It's not butch's fault, if it wasent for him, we wouldn't have a chance to get or see these baits. Anglers marine staff did not control their crowd and I'm sure they knew the craziness that was going to happen. Sucks everyone who went super early didn't get one (like me lmao) but hopefully next time they will be more organized.

Not sure if you're talking to me or generally, but if you're talking to me, I don't flip baits. If I paid $160, the most I will charge for it would be $175 to cover shipping and insurance or if there was tax in it. I didn't see dollar signs when I got into swimbait fishing, I seen big fish. I might of charged a few dollars more in the past but I can assure you that I have lost a ton more money on baits than I have gained. Idiots that do this crap need to go into real estate or the stock market and get out of our sport. But there's no use to whine about it, because if there's a dollar to be made, there will always be someone there competing to make it.

No I was validating what you said...the people who "Not Allowed" are the ones who flip...or would sell for market price. I don't have a problem with it, I just don't buy them if I don't want to. But if I wanted one I would pay the market price..no problem. I just need to actually sell my baits, instead of giving them away

Sounds like a great time, I'm hoping to make next years show + meet you guys.

Butch talk to you soon my friend.

Cut throat bait makes, cut throat fishermen and you expect what? Lmao!! I go to have fun and meet people. The bait you want is a bonus , just like catching. I bet I would have had a lot of fun and laughs. Sorry you guys were not happy. It is what it is. Fishermen don't change. But I sure love fishing.

No I was validating what you said...the people who "Not Allowed" are the ones who flip...or would sell for market price. I don't have a problem with it, I just don't buy them if I don't want to. But if I wanted one I would pay the market price..no problem. I just need to actually sell my baits, instead of giving them away

Gotcha....not a lot of sleep the past 2 days :?