Leviathan omega XH vs XXH

FOX941

Looking at ordering a Leviathan omega.  I’m going back and forth between a XH and XXH. Only reason I’m thinking XXH is for possible big baits like a mothership or big soft plastics otherwise a XH fits what I’ll be fishing which is wake baits in the 3-5oz range.  Would going with a XXH be a mistake for those lighter baits? Lightest bait I’ll throw is prob a wakewalker. I’m just trying to keep it to one setup for now otherwise I’d buy both. 

The XXH is more versatile between mag hard and soft baits, whereas the XH is more versatile in the sense that you can get away with throwing any hard bait technique on it at a wider range of weight. 

So in my opinion, yes the XXH can throw softbaits but no, it does not throw lighter stuff well. Throwing the wakewalker on the xxh wouldn’t be fun, especially because the rod is a lot faster to appease the giant baits.

I bought the XXH for my Mothership. It’s from the Feb 28th pre order. Im supposed to be notified this week of the shipping info.  I’ll let you know what I experience after I chuck the Ship around a bit.

Good points.  I think I’ll go with the omega XH. If I can get a mothership on the next drop I’ll look into a XXH in the near future. I just think the XXH would only work for those few select baits anyways and would be much fun for a 3-4oz bait like the XH would. 

For the XH guys, is 6.5oz in its wheelhouse? I got some bgc 9” that I need a rod for. I have the Heavy but I’ve thrown the Phoney on it (5oz) and it feels a bit overloaded so I was thinking of grabbing the XH. The Heavy seems to fish that 2-4oz range the best. 

4 hours ago, Jerkbait22 said:

For the XH guys, is 6.5oz in its wheelhouse? I got some bgc 9” that I need a rod for. I have the Heavy but I’ve thrown the Phoney on it (5oz) and it feels a bit overloaded so I was thinking of grabbing the XH. The Heavy seems to fish that 2-4oz range the best. 

As someone who got the XH about five months ago and has overloaded it to the max, you can definitely throw that 6.5 oz on it. I think leviathan is pretty accurate on their weight recommendations, and honestly I’m even throwing the DRT ghost on the XH and it feels fine. 

On 3/28/2023 at 3:57 PM, Jscarbr said:

I bought the XXH for my Mothership. It’s from the Feb 28th pre order. Im supposed to be notified this week of the shipping info.  I’ll let you know what I experience after I chuck the Ship around a bit

Itll be awhile. I pre-ordered my xxh January 26th and it still hasn't shipped, I talked to the guys and one of their xxh batches had some problems so instead of sending them out they had to make a new batch

4 hours ago, Pkeith25 said:

Itll be awhile. I pre-ordered my xxh January 26th and it still hasn't shipped, I talked to the guys and one of their xxh batches had some problems so instead of sending them out they had to make a new batch

I ordered mine beginning of February and hadn’t received any info. I called about 7 days ago and that’s exactly what I was told, the XXH had issues. In addition, he said they’d be ready to ship Friday (yesterday) and I’ll be receiving shipping info Friday. That hasn’t happened.  The delay sucks but I’m used to it in the swimbait world. However, the zero contact isn’t okay. I appreciate getting it right instead sending out junk, but at least keep us updated. 

Correction- I actually ordered it Feb 17th (not beginning of Feb) supposed to be shipped Feb 28th. A month after ship date, no rod and no contact from Leviathan. 

I preordered my XXH beginning of march for the march 31st  drop. Super bummed out to read the responses above and know that people from February are still waiting for theirs. What’s the point of pre ordering if there’s no positive side and why drop another batch of rods if they haven’t fulfilled the first order ?