Leviathan omega XH vs XXH

FOX941

15 minutes ago, MilesFoxworthy said:

Hey, just wanted to check in on this. I have the XH and was thinking about using it for the ghost. Wanted to see how it held up if you’re still using yours for the ghost. 

Thanks. 

Still tossing it. Handles like a dream. You have to lob it and its definitely a dance, but I love how the action aids the glide on the ghost. 

I was surprised when I talked to Eric at Leviathan and he recommended throwing the mothership on the XH vs the XXH due to the XXH being  to fast.  He did point out that lob casting is the key but it still seems like that bait would overload that XH rod. 

36 minutes ago, AsaProch said:

Still tossing it. Handles like a dream. You have to lob it and its definitely a dance, but I love how the action aids the glide on the ghost. 

I hung my ghost on it and it felt alright. Think I’ll give it a go. At least till I have the scratch to get an XXH. Lol. 

I max out all of my leviathans at the top of the ratings so a ghost shouldn’t be a problem for the XH. 

I throw a TK on the omega finesse (max at 2 oz) and a K9 on the MH omega (max at 4 oz). And I never feel that I’m gonna have issues with power. as long as you don’t whip cast you could push it even further by about 1/2 oz or so 

• 2 months later...

Is the XXH 6-16 Oz overkill for a 6oz bait? I see some comments saying that the rod rating is true. I have a dobyns champion 807 rated 2-8 Oz and it flexes a lot for a 6 Oz bait and I also use the Dobyns Champion 867 rated 6-16 Oz and it launches a 6 Oz bait perfectly. I need a smaller rod for kayak fishing. So I'm thinking about the XXH 8". Thanks yall

45 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Is the XXH 6-16 Oz overkill for a 6oz bait? I see some comments saying that the rod rating is true. I have a dobyns champion 807 rated 2-8 Oz and it flexes a lot for a 6 Oz bait and I also use the Dobyns Champion 867 rated 6-16 Oz and it launches a 6 Oz bait perfectly. I need a smaller rod for kayak fishing. So I'm thinking about the XXH 8". Thanks yall

Not overkill, I used to throw the hawghunter mag (5.6oz) on the xxh and it was really nice