Show Off Your Swimbait Setup

triple_illusion

Let's try this again... plus a shot from the lake this morning.

Uhhh.... wow?! Those are unbelievable man! Truly some of the best looking combos I have ever seen, and I used to be a tackletour nut. :shock:

Powell Max Frog Rod 735MHEF

That is a great rod and its versatility is beyond compare. I've thrown frogs, big spinner/chatter baits, buzzjets, 6-inch Basstrix, and flipped with it. If there is ever a trip that I bring a "non" swimbait setup with me, it's the 735 matched with a Curado 200E and 50# braid. I would recommend this rod to anybody.

I'd say the same about the Dobyns Champion 735c, sweet rod for sure!

th_20140610_202726_zpsipgvusqg.jpg

Here is my set ups at the moment. Nothing fancy but gets the job done for sure! Left to right... Okuma Akena 400 with Okuma GS MH. Okuma Isis 400 with Okuma GS XH. The last set up is a Lews American hero speed stick with an Abu stx 6601. I mainly use this set up to test my home builds! The rod has been able to handle swimbaits up to 4 1/2 oz. so far but will handle up to 6oz. Lures. The reel is ok but screams like heck when casting :lol: nothing fancy but great tools for my budget!

• 6 months later...

Heres my two swimbait setups.

-G. Loomis BBR-964c with a Daiwa Tatula 100HL spooled with 20lb Seaguar Red Label

-G. Loomis BBR-966c with a Shimano Calcutta 401D spooled with 30lb Berkley Big Game

I hope to upgrade the Tatula to a Calcutta 201D in the future. Ill probably be stepping down to 15-17lb Red Label as well.

post-4211-14253012153259_thumb.jpg