Show Off Your Swimbait Setup

triple_illusion

Yep :twisted: They're so killer, ask Ali :D

That particular blank I'm on my 3rd rod, I can comfortably throw 1/2oz small swimbaits, say on a jighead, all the way up to rof 12 hudds comfortably, thrown baits up to the size of a BAA on it but I liked a heavier rod for that, been throwing my deps on an Okuma XH, but I'm either going to step up to the EVX 8'6' XH/XXH (I forget) for the bigger stuff 5oz+, or the Irod Jumbo swim, probably the EVX solely based off of the extra length.

My buddy used to live near the factory and hes wrapped them for me for a long time! I also have a 762 spinning rod that is to die for, but we'll save that for another site :lol: .

Which particular 6 power NFC did you have it built on? I have a two of the 9 power rods in the Mag Bass series, and find them to max out at 1.5 oz.

Yea I've heard the same about the 809, all my blanks I believe ended up being discontinued but a friend had a stash of them.. I think the powers for NFC depend on the application, a 5 power swimbait rod can throw 2-4oz but a 5 power jig rod is designed for 1/4-1oz, its a litte confusing but mine are something along the lines of 806's I used to know the exact mode number but forgot.

b69bb144-c5c1-4071-a2dc-f89d3a2b62ba_zps41f61bde.jpg?t=1385169638

Here's the newest addition I had mentioned.

Exactly the same aside from the guide wraps :D

Currently using Shimano Curado CU200 spooled with 30# PowerPro matched to a 6'10 St Croix old school East Texas Grass Rake. Just ordered the Phenix M1 Swimbait Rod from Tacklewarehouse last week, 20%off and free shipping. New to Swimbaits and mainly chunking a Rago GenericRat at night. Addicted.

got a WHITE TUB today. :D and completed one setup. 908, luna 300 and Hudd rof5 i just got (will be mainly deps rod but want to test out how the hudd does on it)

utf-8BQ0FNMDAxMzkuanBn_zps45dfd0a4.jpg

utf-8BQ0FNMDAxNTEuanBn_zpsa6d630f8.jpg

utf-8BQ0FNMDAxNDAuanBn_zps7580068b.jpg

Slide, is that an 86 in the background?

Lookin sweet everyone. Love seeing everyone's different tastes coming out on their combo choices. Keepem coming!

• 6 months later...

Funny u noticed it needs a gas tank that needs to get Oklahoma from cali..

Lovin the blk sheeep as well may never be able to afford one tho

got a WHITE TUB today. :D and completed one setup. 908, luna 300 and Hudd rof5 i just got (will be mainly deps rod but want to test out how the hudd does on it)

utf-8BQ0FNMDAxMzkuanBn_zps45dfd0a4.jpg

utf-8BQ0FNMDAxNTEuanBn_zpsa6d630f8.jpg

utf-8BQ0FNMDAxNDAuanBn_zps7580068b.jpg

Slide, is that an 86 in the background?

Lookin sweet everyone. Love seeing everyone's different tastes coming out on their combo choices. Keepem coming!

Currently on a tight budget since I have no job during school. I throw everything from punkers to hudds on my powel diesel 7'6" heavy. It is pretty sketch :lol: for reels i use my lexa 100h or shimono citica bantam from 2000 that I got for 5$ at a garage sale. I almost have enough for a Cardiff and I'm getting a guide select xh for my bday

post-3920-14252998980975_thumb.jpg