KLASH 9 CALICO BASS

kookfarmer

I have been getting out a bunch the last couple weeks.  Trying a bunch of baits but they are keyed in on the K9 in this colder water. It has been hard to put it down. Here some cookie cutters from the last few trips. No bigs, but good numbers every time!

cookie2.thumb.jpg.3b0cf848f8e5465bf03a4891786697a0.jpgIMG_1411.thumb.jpg.515156af9c178e3ce885673ae6d03c0b.jpgcookie1.thumb.jpg.2e5c1020cbb73176d2e6311072a5e6ad.jpgcookie.thumb.jpg.d8729474cef893bf8a8d9e800a1d6114.jpg

IMG_8132.thumb.jpg.eb8fda8e8c93f46380c571bec23cdcc3.jpg

Dope fish bro. I want to catch a calico so bad. Sick looking setup too. Been eyeing the Megabass Levante Leviathan forever ever since they came out. Probably going to cop one soon.

Is the Revo Beast 40 comparable in size to a 300 from Daiwa, Shimano, Penn, Lews etc? What weights would you say are right within the wheel house for the Leviathan?

1 hour ago, DEPS_250 said:

Dope fish bro. I want to catch a calico so bad. Sick looking setup too. Been eyeing the Megabass Levante Leviathan forever ever since they came out. Probably going to cop one soon.

Is the Revo Beast 40 comparable in size to a 300 from Daiwa, Shimano, Penn, Lews etc? What weights would you say are right within the wheel house for the Leviathan?

Yeah the beast 40 is similar in size to a lexa 300. If you’ve fished the Penn fathom300, it’s almost the same in hand. Penn and Abu are both owned by purefishing and the beast line was the basis for all that new fathom low pro stuff. 

As far as lure weights for that stick, it throws the K9 (4oz) like a dream. I got it specifically for that bait. I think you can go a little heavier, says up to 8 oz but I wouldn’t go more than 6 personally. I have an okuma guide select for my bigger stuff like the ghost. Both are incredible rods for the money.

37 minutes ago, kookfarmer said:

Yeah the beast 40 is similar in size to a lexa 300. If you’ve fished the Penn fathom300, it’s almost the same in hand. Penn and Abu are both owned by purefishing and the beast line was the basis for all that new fathom low pro stuff. 

As far as lure weights for that stick, it throws the K9 (4oz) like a dream. I got it specifically for that bait. I think you can go a little heavier, says up to 8 oz but I wouldn’t go more than 6 personally. I have an okuma guide select for my bigger stuff like the ghost. Both are incredible rods for the money.

Cool thanks for the info. I just recently got an Okuma Guide Select for lighter hard baits and glide baits. I have the heavy model rated 1-6oz with a moderate fast tip. 2-4oz seems to be the wheel house for this rod. Its definitely an incredible rod just like you said. 

I basically need a rod to cover the heavier 4oz+ hard baits and glide baits. That Megabass Levante Leviathan is definitely calling my name now! LOL! How light can the Leviathan go and still bend enough on the backcast to feel like its helping out with distance and accuracy?

Edited by DEPS_250

7 hours ago, DEPS_250 said:

Cool thanks for the info. I just recently got an Okuma Guide Select for lighter hard baits and glide baits. I have the heavy model rated 1-6oz with a moderate fast tip. 2-4oz seems to be the wheel house for this rod. Its definitely an incredible rod just like you said. 

I basically need a rod to cover the heavier 4oz+ hard baits and glide baits. That Megabass Levante Leviathan is definitely calling my name now! LOL! How light can the Leviathan go and still bend enough on the backcast to feel like its helping out with distance and accuracy?

You can throw the tk pretty decent with that leviathan but it excels in the 4 oz class. Sorry the guide select I have is the xh