Short Daiwa, Shimano, others?

Efrain

I use the tequila baccarac and it’s 7’0.  Suits me really well for kayak fishing and bank fishing where there isn’t alot of casting room. Ive been throwing bigger single hook soft baits like the citizen 6.

Edited by dannyboydb8

12 hours ago, Efrain said:

or tatula 7'3 swimabot rod for single hook swimmers or are they better suited for treble bait lures? Thanks.

I bought one of these when they were on sale at a local shop.  It was a whim but i actually kinda like the rod for the TK and smaller 2 oz glides.  I would also be curious if anyone has had any success with smaller single hook baits like the citizen 6.  It's a pretty moderate action rod so I've just been sticking to trebles but nothing over 2.5 oz.

34 minutes ago, scojangles said:

I bought one of these when they were on sale at a local shop.  It was a whim but i actually kinda like the rod for the TK and smaller 2 oz glides.  I would also be curious if anyone has had any success with smaller single hook baits like the citizen 6.  It's a pretty moderate action rod so I've just been sticking to trebles but nothing over 2.5 oz.

I agree I’ve had 1, the 7’3 & I would recommend nothing over 2.5oz

11 hours ago, dannyboydb8 said:

I use the tequila baccarac and it’s 7’0.  Suits me really well for kayak fishing and bank fishing where there isn’t alot of casting room. Ive been throwing bigger single hook soft baits like the citizen 6.

Will definitely look into this one. Thanks

@captainhookset can chime in about the Expride. I have the tatula 7’3”. IMO it’s a great rod for 2.5oz treble hook baits and under. Casts a TK a mile. Sensitive. Great bang for buck. No experience with jig hook/single hook baits. Might work with an exposed hook bait but I think it would be challenging to blast through a chunk of soft plastic with a book set and keep the fish pinned.  

On 4/23/2023 at 3:32 AM, Efrain said:

Anyone have experience with the Shimano Expride 66XH or tatula 7'3 swimabot rod for single hook swimmers or are they better suited for treble bait lures? Thanks.

the 6'6 jdm big bait expride rod would be a sick jighook rod. i use mine for rats and crawlers to docks and such, but i def wish it was a slower action. 

6" hawghunter shiners, hudd 68s, etc. would be money on this rod,

On 4/23/2023 at 12:32 AM, Efrain said:

Anyone have experience with the Shimano Expride 66XH or tatula 7'3 swimabot rod for single hook swimmers or are they better suited for treble bait lures? Thanks.

The expride can definitely do both IMO, although it’s not great for high resistance baits like crankdowns and stuff because I think it’s on the faster side of the “regular” spectrum so it puts a lot of strain on your arm, it’s a pretty sick rod but the handle is itty bitty short so I prefer it for the lower end of its lure rating, although it can throw every bit of the 5 oz on the label it just feels a bit awkward

7 hours ago, brootalititties said:

The expride can definitely do both IMO, although it’s not great for high resistance baits like crankdowns and stuff because I think it’s on the faster side of the “regular” spectrum so it puts a lot of strain on your arm, it’s a pretty sick rod but the handle is itty bitty short so I prefer it for the lower end of its lure rating, although it can throw every bit of the 5 oz on the label it just feels a bit awkward

Sick!!! This is the response I was looking for. Will probably pick one up for the citizen. I get the short handle comment to, I hate that feeling but the citizen 6 is the biggest I will throw. Will probably only use it for pitching it to salt water bass in socal while dick fishing