Basshole on cast and crank

SwingAway

9 hours ago, BPayne said:

What did I miss?!

Mine as well get my moneys worth before I delete this thing. Saw this appreciation post on Nicks Facebook so I decided to join the love party, but it seems we came in numbers for back up! Veteran here at your service… I met Nick a little over a year ago at Lake Mohave while on a fishing trip. He gave me a free bait in which I caught my personal best 17 lb striped bass on. He also made me another bait a few weeks later while he was on his way to see his father, his father ended up going to the hospital and Nick personally drove me 2 more baits I had ordered few months back without hesitation so I will always have Amazing things to say about this young man. Sounds like a few of these men need to take a look in the mirror and change themselves before talking about anybody else. Good day sirs and god bless America 

Ive had great experiences with Nick, never had a problem with the man. Have ordered several baits on several different occasions and he makes great baits. No need to try to bring a guy down who is making baits for people who want them. @22RangerZ520R time to either move on or keep your negativity to yourself. This is a community that was made to help people grow, not stir up the forums and try to bring him down. Everyone makes mistakes, and what matters is how you grow from them. Ill always support Nick, he has had no reason to help me or trust me with anything but he continues to do so. Tight lines to all the other swimbaiters who are supporting the garage builders and getting licked on their baits.

I've been talking back and forth with thee Basshole for a few months now. His knowledge with paint is off the hook! Guy has helped me out a ish ton. I've got Nothing but respect for small business especially when it comes to swimbaits. Some people don't understand the time thay goes into these things.

7 hours ago, Jonathan99 said:

From meeting 6+ years ago he has only helped me grow as a person and is like an older brother to me now more than anything. Everyone and their opinions, like what business in the world has a perfect reputation... none. When running your own business I can only imagine how difficult it is maintain a perfect interface and relationship with every customer. The guys who personally know nick, honestly know the type of guy he is because it speaks for itself. I only wish that positive things come from this post as fisherman truly are missing out on some of the best looking, best swimming, affordable big baits on the market. 

I’ve ran my auto parts business for three years now and have eaten thousands to keep customers happy and coming back. Good business practices directly reflect on a persons morals and integrity. Business is just like any other relationship there needs to be accountability amongst many other things. It’s easy to please happy customers it’s how you handle the ones who make you pull out your hair that counts. Three years later one of the unhappy ones is still upset and talking about it. Just shows how true that is for business owners. That’s just my opinion as a small business owner whose reputation means everything when it means getting a sale and preserving my reputation for e commerce. I have nothing against either party. This is just my opinion about it. The painter seems like they have changed their ways so that’s cool. 

For those that wanna hate on someone over some social media drama from years ago; I would encourage you to actually meet and spend some time with Nick. He has shown me nothing but respect.  He’s respectful of his local water and fellow anglers. Always willing to answer questions or share techniques. Super solid dude. When I picked up the last two baits I bought from him I mentioned that my truck was down and I needed to get it fixed. He offered  to give me back the money I just handed him so that I could get my truck going and get back on the water. Who does that? I don’t know what happened 3 years ago nor do care to go Back in the archives to read about it. He owned it, and is striving to better himself. Just remember that comments on the internet don’t always tell the whole story or a truthful story for that matter. 

55 minutes ago, shaneo said:

Loving that these accounts have under 4 posts.

Loving that you grown men have more than 100. What’s funnier? Maybe I’m just old school I didn’t even know what a swimbait underground was, you “men” make this old guy laugh. Geeks

“We Have No Love For Each Other”

This is my Story :

and 33 I never thought my life would have to change dramatically in order for me to survive, but it’s because of the love and support I not only got from friends and family but  from other good people I’ve met on here or from IG or interacted with or hearing them on Podcasts , CHASING A DIFFERENT CLASS OF FISH , people that have been through their own life trauma, the color from the world taken from them after loosing a close loved one . With out these people I don’t think I’d be here typing this , Skateboarding might have saved My Life , but Swimbaiting made me Realize I only have One life.

I lived with a roomate for over 12 years that I considered as a Brother who experienced my first few crazy years of getting heavily into swimbaits after skateboarding died out for me after my uncle died in 2018, my roomate had a Wake Boat and knew how to get to all the lakes I wanted to go and saw I was finding my Fire again. So for the next few years I spent traveling  n experience so much n fall in love with Arizona and the grief from my uncle’s death is what drove me to the Lake .  Come, 2022 January 31st ( anniversary date of first hudd PB) my roommate passes away peacefully in his sleep from a brain aneurysm, while on vacation . I remember some of the first guys reaching out to me and heard the news we’re from the Swimbait community. I drove 26 hours straight to Oregon to find out that someone who I considered like a brother and lived with wasn’t the person I thought they were and had a secret life , it broke me in two n took all the Joy I once had out of my life , I remember I stopped at Lake Berryessa to check it off the bucket list and reset my mind after what I just learned about someone who I held dear to me , I even packed up my gear after 2 hours after calling my mom out over the phone on her drug addicted bullshit the whole scenario made me Leave "not allowed" Lake Berryessa! The one time I’m actually up here. For the next year I’ve struggled with trusting people , love in my job,  and finding a purpose but what gives  me a purpose now  is putting even more time out on the water and it’s a small world so I’ve come across Nick and here’s my experience , a few years ago I had heard of a painter who fucked up on some UFO baits because he was coked up ,  I Also made a comment on one of the forms basing him to I dog piled along even not meeting the guy first because of the stories I heard I wasn’t using my eyes to see through . I got a Add from him months back on IG and didn’t think it was the guy that a lot of people we’re talking about. We had talked about some baits and Shared  each other’s backstory and where we want to go forward in life from this point on. Nick had called me out on the comment I made on one of forms and I looked at it like I’m not going to touch that and was quite for last few months , with what I’ve been through I didn’t want any beef with anyone so just let it be . I liked his episode and felt like someone was in my shoes after this year of change for me that I said that’s what im trying accomplish to go disappear and LIVE , I heard a quote recently “ That I broke bread with other people before I Fed myself “ 

me and Nick recently have squashed whatever comment I have made I said I was sorry before actually meeting you dude and we both said good luck to eachother in life Let’s get these Trophies ! I also watched his videos of him going to the doctors with his dad feeling the same hopeless feeling that you can’t do anything to help  that’s been around for so much of your life besides be there for them, I’d give up anything to to wipe my uncles ass again and have a intelligent conversation with him again ( died at 52 from COPD,) leukemia, So I see it as Nick trying to handle whatever to come and we’ve all been down to that river .. this is the first time I’m revealing my story to the world and on here because if I didn’t have this band of Brothers that I’ve met through Swimbaiting to say Hey Bro you went through some Heavy ish I did to and now I’m better for it and you’ll get there to just appreciate what you got and every fish you get to touch it could be the last fish you ever touch and Go Catch It! 

i’ve held in a lot of resentment and  anger and a lot of hate and mixed feelings for the person who I found out who  my roommate really was , I had to reset my year n train my mind to let go and now I’m starting to see the rewards of all my hard work put in. I’ve changed as a angler this year and use to think I just wanted to be involved in all this but since this last year of my whole life changing 180 i just want to let my fish do the talking and appreciate every fish I get to touch . That’s my experience with Nick and my thought process this year we’ve all been through heavy real ish in our lives and for what lil time we have left on this earth , Can’t catch ‘em while we’re typing away on the keyboard in frustration, we all don’t have to get along, but we can have love for each other. 

2 hours ago, Biggun13 said:

Loving that you grown men have more than 100. What’s funnier? Maybe I’m just old school I didn’t even know what a swimbait underground was, you “men” make this old guy laugh. Geeks

…..grown man…….came from Facebook to trash talk on the internet…….oh the irony :-D

2 hours ago, Biggun13 said:

This guy… you seem weirdly in your feelings for someone with “no dog in the fight”, you going through menopause or sum? 

4 minutes ago, tHeINFamoUS said:

…..grown man…….came from Facebook to trash talk on the internet…….oh the irony :-D

You’re right time to go, no trash talk just here to add perspective. 

16 hours ago, sbwerk said:

Sorry if u @22RangerZ520R had a bad experience but realize that its been 3 years and if u didnt like the product then move on and keep fishing and quit crying.  Make your own baits if u have that much opinion on the matter and see how hard it is.   No need to hate on someone that's really making baits and catching fish on them.  Espically since u gave him as a painter and baitmaker a try.  Your choice dude man up and catch some fish and quit crying over spilled milk.  

I'm not crying over anything, haven't lost a second of sleep over it.  I'm allowing others in the swimbait community to see my first hand experience with him, and apparently many others have experienced the same thing so it's not just an isolated incident.

If you payed attention I actually came to his defense in this thread below that was linked in the main thread before he showed his true colors.

Also, if you see my posts on here and on IG you would see I'm not crying and I've caught plenty of fish btw... :wink:

19 hours ago, Biggun13 said:

just waste 3 plus years of your life ? That makes more sense, psychopath.... no dog in this fight I got all my baits a year or so ago, a little heavy for a 59 year old but cant complain they are radical. Tight lines man

Nope, just putting my experience with him out there so others can make an informed decision about who they want to paint their baits.  I didn't do my due diligence in researching painters before I went with him.

I've never used any of his baits, dragonflies and XXL crappie aren't a forage base in the lakes I fish.