New swimbaiter!

Deejay2388

Just recently ordered my first deps 175 slide. Pretty damn excited about it. Just join the site to hopefully give/get any good info that's available. Tips are greatly appreciated and as I get to using my deps I'll be posting what I think if it and such. Thnx. Oh and if anyone has any suggestions on a good rod and reel for the deps that'd be great. Not looking to spend an outrageous amount.

welcome to the S.U. you hope start sticking fish with your 175 soon. Okuma sb rods are a good place to start and you might want to look at Shimano Cardif reels. where are you fishing out of? here's a helpful hint,use the "search" button to find a lot useful info. good luck.

thanks fellas.. the "search" is on lol... playing the damn waiting game on this deps.. all the way from japan i swear its gonna take a month... and im from northern mississippi. From people I know and that I've talked to i dont beleive theres been any slide swimmers in the waters around here so im confident ima kill it

Just recently ordered my first deps 175 slide. Pretty damn excited about it. Just join the site to hopefully give/get any good info that's available. Tips are greatly appreciated and as I get to using my deps I'll be posting what I think if it and such. Thnx. Oh and if anyone has any suggestions on a good rod and reel for the deps that'd be great. Not looking to spend an outrageous amount.

Which model of that shimano would you recommend? im seeing 300B, 400A etc..

If you are on a budget, the Cardiff 300A is a great starter reel.

If you have it, I highly recommend spending the extra money for the Lexa . The price difference is not much and it is a much better reel, especially if you are used to fishing low profile baitcasters like I was.

Fyi - I read a lot of guys recommending the Cardiff. I bought one a little while back and sold it immediately after trying it. Just wasn't what I expected.

Jeremy