First Swimbait Fish!

MObassin

New to SU & just started swimbaiting. Bought my first glide (GBC sickle) about a week ago and caught my first glide bait fish on my first time trying it out this morning! I’m hooked.

Looking for a good starter rod I can throw Citizens, Burritos, and this Sickle with…any recommendations appreciated!

IMG_7125.jpeg

IMG_7126.jpeg

Edited by MObassin

Congrats man! Nice football of a fish you got there. When I first started my big baits/swimbait only setup I got a cheap 13 fishing swimbait rod. Little stiff but they’ll throw any citizen sickle etc or anything else you could want. They have an xh and an xxh but I got the xh. Threw some very big glides on the thing and it’s held up. Are there better rods? absolutely yes, but for $80ish dollars it’s hard to beat for your first setup. Again man awesome fish and welcome to the SU! 

I have the 13 fishing defy series swimbait rod and honestly I don’t like it, it’s super heavy and stiff. Also doesn’t have much sensitivity. But you get what you pay for, I would 100% recommend the Dobyns fury swimbait rods instead they are worth the $40 more dollars

Welcome to the club! Better start slanging some coke and weed as a side hustle so you can afford more swimbaits! Just kidding haha LOL! Congrats and sick fish! 

Dobyns Fury, Irod Genesis III, Okuma Guide Select and Daiwa DX are some swimbait rod models you should definitely look up and keep in your radar. Pretty cheap/budget friendly, reliable, gets the job done and are perfect first swimbait rods.