Pursuit of a Lunker

WTBassin

I’ve been on the pursuit for a lunker for some time now just like every one of you crazy’s. That’s what really made me gravitate to large swimbaits here the past few months. Going in to this season, my personal best was 7lb 6oz while losing some bigger bass along the way. Since I started throwing swimbaits, I’ve now topped that weight twice, and shattered my previous PB this past weekend. This old heifer absolutely cranked my Biggs Denali and weighed in at 9lb 3oz! When we boated her, I thought no doubt she was a 10+. Just goes to show how big and special these fish really are. The feeling of being so close, but yet so far will really fuel my quest now. I had 3 others that were of the same caliber swipe at it, just didn’t get a hook in’em! 21306512-5B62-406B-9664-6B24FC3A2F43.thumb.jpeg.33b7b60c2a25c143ea80de54b7acb998.jpeg148758DA-2CD2-41A4-99E5-56B9C565B5A1.thumb.jpeg.3f2a14db02f6b199752df30f697f268a.jpeg

21 minutes ago, lux036 said:

Sweet catch. That fish would be my new state record. One day hopefully.

Thanks man. She is definitely a unit! She had the build to be in the double digit club, but was pretty skinny. Awesome catch though 

2 hours ago, SumoNinja said:

I've caught two 9s within the last year myself. Just few oz shy. Keep at it man. We'll get it one day

Good stuff man! It’s tough getting over that hump! Haha fingers crossed brother!! 

8 hours ago, gary m said:

Nice Brother!!! my PB 8.2 been there a minute Congrats On A 9.3!!!!

Thanks man, 8.2 is a heck of a fish! With this bass, I skipped straight from 7.14 to 9.3! Quite the jump and I couldn’t be more amped up. Good luck 

6 hours ago, Sicksthree said:

Congratulations man! Thank you for the motivation!

Thanks brother! It’s definitely been a process. Some are blessed and crack giants right out the gate, but not this guy! Haha I wouldn’t have it any other way though. I love the grind!! Keep on rippin brother 

Congrats and welcome to the big bait/trophy hunting addiction...lol.  I've been at it for almost a decade now and it's just as addictive now as it was in the beginning with my first DD.

The DD's are truly of a different caliber!  Keep at it with the big baits and the DD will come.

Edited by 22RangerZ520R

1 hour ago, 22RangerZ520R said:

Congrats and welcome to the big bait/trophy hunting addiction...lol.  I've been at it for almost a decade now and it's just as addictive now as it was in the beginning with my first DD.

The DD's are truly of a different caliber!  Keep at it with the big baits and the DD will come.

Thanks brother! I grew up fishing in the salt and started bass fishing April of 22… I’m hooked! Fished many places in the world for all kinds of different species and I will say that there’s no fish on the planet I want more than a teener. I prefer the process though and gradually work my way up to that. 

They really are. I fish OH Ivie pretty regular and see them consistently at the marina and on FFS. Fish like that are absolutely unreal and definitely not easy to fool. When I hung her, I thought she was a no doubt DD! Had the build, but unfortunately she was on the skinny side! Nonetheless I’m amped up to the max!