Is my Deps 175 still useable?

Deejay2388

I'm gonna post a pic here in a min once i get it on the cpu but I bent the bars that connect the tail to the boddy... not by much at all but ever so slightly... I haven't even got to use it yet! Not very happy atm, but I'm curious if this slight bend will really affect to where i need to get a new one... its still lined up from the side but the tail end is slightly to the right of the body.. if someone could let me know id greatly appreciate it

post-3685-14252990690281_thumb.jpg

post-3685-14252990691795_thumb.jpg

I would try to get some needle nose pliers in there and grab ahold of the rod to bend it back.

I wouldnt grab either sides of the bait and try to bend it that way. There have been a couple pics posted of the pins pulling out and the resin breaking.

I'm gonna post a pic here in a min once i get it on the cpu but I bent the bars that connect the tail to the boddy... not by much at all but ever so slightly... I haven't even got to use it yet! Not very happy atm, but I'm curious if this slight bend will really affect to where i need to get a new one... its still lined up from the side but the tail end is slightly to the right of the body.. if someone could let me know id greatly appreciate it

Try it out before you try to mess with it. I have a saiko tuned 250 with probably 20+ fish on it and its bent also, swims perfect still. I'm not sure at what point mine bent or how but its been that way for months.

IMG_20131205_074258_581-1_zps4a88bf0d.jpg

Well I just got back from using it. Since ive never owned one im not 100% sure how exactly its supposed to swim but to me it looked like it was swimming fine and i was confident it. Of course i didnt catch anything lol but i think that goes towards not really knowing to fish with it yet. Still trying to figure it out. I'ma stick with this one for awhile i dont feel i need to try and bend it. If i have no luck the next few outtings ill go for bending it, if nothing after that ill try my luck with a 250. Any tips on how to use it to its best potential would be appreciated.

You are definitely going to have to bend it back or it isn't going to swim. What the hell happened? Get a little overzealous playing with it in the bath tub? Lol.

good guess lol but nah i was just outside swinging pole lightly just to see how it handled the big bait and the damn thing came off my line and went flying into the road... i just got it in the mail maybe 6 hours prior.. fml!

good guess lol but nah i was just outside swinging pole lightly just to see how it handled the big bait and the damn thing came off my line and went flying into the road... i just got it in the mail maybe 6 hours prior.. fml!

well, look at the bright side. it could have come off your line at the lake. then you wouldn't even have a bent pin to work with!

well, look at the bright side. it could have come off your line at the lake. then you wouldn't even have a bent pin to work with!

touche

touche

PM sent...........

You are definitely going to have to bend it back or it isn't going to swim. What the hell happened? Get a little overzealous playing with it in the bath tub? Lol.

Sounds like my kids Xmas morning.

What knot did you use? :lol: