Contact for PB Rat?

Chaozu

About 30 casts in the bill broke off a brand new two piece rat! $130 for a simple resin bait that isn’t even painted and the damn bill falls off?! If anyone has a way of contacting them other than Facebook please let me know. Drove an hour to the lake and had to stop fishing after 20 minutes, that’s some BS! 

76B970D2-411B-4148-9689-9E7B9460BEA5.jpeg

30C60181-857E-413B-8755-6D6464AB27E9.jpeg

5A05EC13-65AD-4C31-BBED-64EC98FEFDC3.jpeg

There Instagram?  They seem pretty active on there but damn drove an hour and only had one bait ? What happens if a big mama snaps you off the 1st cast ? Lol not tryna be that guy but man definitely carry a back up or 3 lol 

46 minutes ago, Loudsplashbassn_ said:

There Instagram?  They seem pretty active on there but damn drove an hour and only had one bait ? What happens if a big mama snaps you off the 1st cast ? Lol not tryna be that guy but man definitely carry a back up or 3 lol 

I was gonna just throw the rat and the rat only, wasn’t expecting anything like this to happen. But you’re right I should’ve at least brought a back but I was just trying to stick to the one bait all night.

43 minutes ago, Chaozu said:

I was gonna just throw the rat and the rat only, wasn’t expecting anything like this to happen. But you’re right I should’ve at least brought a back but I was just trying to stick to the one bait all night.

Your dedication is stronger then mine lol I've always tried to stick to one bait but never works so I gotta retie at least once then that's the one they go ape ish over

2 hours ago, Chaozu said:

About 30 casts in the bill broke off a brand new two piece rat! $130 for a simple resin bait that isn’t even painted and the damn bill falls off?! If anyone has a way of contacting them other than Facebook please let me know. Drove an hour to the lake and had to stop fishing after 20 minutes, that’s some BS! 

76B970D2-411B-4148-9689-9E7B9460BEA5.jpeg

30C60181-857E-413B-8755-6D6464AB27E9.jpeg

5A05EC13-65AD-4C31-BBED-64EC98FEFDC3.jpeg

I’ve had the same thing happen to two of my pb rats, luckily I found one lip and glued it back. You can find their email contact by going in their instagram, clicking the link to their website, and finding their contact there, they’re gonna tell you it’s $7 and to email your address 

9 hours ago, Hooksets_arefree said:

I’ve had the same thing happen to two of my pb rats, luckily I found one lip and glued it back. You can find their email contact by going in their instagram, clicking the link to their website, and finding their contact there, they’re gonna tell you it’s $7 and to email your address 

I feel like a bill just falling out to no fault of the user should be covered by the builder. I've had it happen to a couple other baits and usually have no issue getting sent a free bill to superglue back in.

That said I do love my 3pc PB Rat and have had no issues yet.

9 hours ago, Hooksets_arefree said:

I’m not spending another dime on this bait! $130 bait that only lasted 30 casts? I should get free lips for life at that price! Now they want me to spend more money and then have to repair the bait myself?!  What a f@ckin joke!

57 minutes ago, Chaozu said:

I’m not spending another dime on this bait! $130 bait that only lasted 30 casts? I should get free lips for life at that price! Now they want me to spend more money and then have to repair the bait myself?!  What a f@ckin joke!

I can send you some lips for free if you want to replace it yourself, send me a pm and I’ll send you a few different kinds, might improve the action doing a square or coffin style lip vs the rounded style 

the issue is builders don’t drill small holes to allow for the epoxy to flow thru the lip (or super glue) or scuff the lip to Give the glue something to bond too. 

I’ve had this happen with hiros, toxics, beebs, bullshad, rafa and the list goes on. First thing I do when I get a bait is check the lip and after a few trips I’ll check it again, usually pops right out in your hand

15 minutes ago, chefchris said:

I can send you some lips for free if you want to replace it yourself, send me a pm and I’ll send you a few different kinds, might improve the action doing a square or coffin style lip vs the rounded style 

the issue is builders don’t drill small holes to allow for the epoxy to flow thru the lip (or super glue) or scuff the lip to Give the glue something to bond too. 

I’ve had this happen with hiros, toxics, beebs, bullshad, rafa and the list goes on. First thing I do when I get a bait is check the lip and after a few trips I’ll check it again, usually pops right out in your hand

Thats something I do when I build rats at home.

@Chaozu these kind of things happen dude. U really can't expect someone to build hundreds of baits without some issues every now and again. It's just not possible and frankly, not fair to expect that. 

Get in contact with him first. I'm pretty sure he'd send u a free lip. The quality of a bait isn't necessarily just the bait itself. Great customer service is what will continue to bring business. Give the maker a chance to make it right at least. 

And yes, always bring an extra bait or 2. U might cast off, get hung up, break off, or smack a bait on a rock and break it. 

lips break and pop out on baits from time to time, for me that is a normal wear and tear type of thing (even if it is new, ish happens) . usually i'll hit up the builder and they just toss one in the mail or i will buy a lip from them for a couple bucks and repair it myself. usually while waiting for the new lip i'll get the bait cleaned up, sand and clean up the slot and glue the new one in when i get it in. no problem. right ?

Not so fast on the last one.

awhile back first or second trip i broke the lip on a new XL rat i picked up so i went home and pulled the rest of the lip out cleaned up the slot and was set and ready to glue in a new lip as i normally do. 

that was until the builder refused to send me a new lip, I even offered to buy it and cover shipping. NOPE !!!

i was told  he would not send lips out. i told him i had already done the work and cleaned everything and i just needed a lip i  even showed him photos but he still refused to send a new lip. he did offer to fix it but the only option given was to be without the bait while it was out for repairs and of course i had to pay the 20 bucks in shipping back and forth, just so he could glue the lip in himself.  i said screw that, went and bought some lexan at home depot cut out a lip and repaired it myself for 6 bucks, and an hour of my time.  

9 minutes ago, swimb8bassin512 said:

lips break and pop out on baits from time to time, for me that is a normal wear and tear type of thing (even if it is new, ish happens) . usually i'll hit up the builder and they just toss one in the mail or i will buy a lip from them for a couple bucks and repair it myself. usually while waiting for the new lip i'll get the bait cleaned up, sand and clean up the slot and glue the new one in when i get it in. no problem. right ?

awhile back first or second trip i broke the lip on a new XL rat i picked up so i went home and pulled the rest of the lip out cleaned up the slot and was set and ready to glue in a new lip as i normally do. 

that was until the builder refused to send me a new lip, I even offered to buy it and cover shipping. NOPE !!!

i was told  he would not send lips out. i told him i had already done the work and cleaned everything and i just needed a lip i  even showed him photos but he still refused to send a new lip. he did offer to fix it but the only option given was to be without the bait while it was out for repairs and of course i had to pay the 20 bucks in shipping back and forth, just so he could glue the lip in himself.  i said screw that, went and bought some lexan at home depot cut out a lip and repaired it myself for 6 bucks, and an hour of my time.  

I would definitely name and shame this company

3 hours ago, swimb8bassin512 said:

Definitely call this prick out! With the prices these guys are charging this sort of thing shouldn’t happen. I get one or two may slip through the cracks and that’s fine. I was just shocked a bait of this price would fail like that so quick. If dude tries to charge me for a new lip I’m gonna lose my sh*t!  I ended up finding a way to contact them but haven’t heard anything back yet… I’ll keep y’all posted.