Lake mead

Landon22

Does anyone fish this lake? I'm going there this weekend and was wondering what to expect. I would also appriceate if some one could throw some tips out thanks!!

As far as I know Mead is one of the toughest lakes on the West Coast, doesn't really take a big bag to do well there and 1-2lb fish are considered solid, 3-4's being legitimate tourney game-changers. I've seen fish caught on conventional stuff there many times on baits like ricos, dropshot etc..... If I was going to go there and throw swimbaits I would most likely down-size atleast some, imitate whatever the prevalent forage is in the lake and thats about as good of advice as I can give, maybe someone here could chime-in personal info on the lake but I haven't heard of Mead being associated with swimbaits personally.

Good luck!

I went to college there and fished the lake hard for three years. Mead is one of the tougher lakes to fish with gin clear water, scattered fish populations and well educated fish. For me in the winter is was always about 3/4 or 1 oz football head jigs fished on the walls and cliff faces. I'd focus on the Calville Bay area.

If I was going to go up there and wanted to throw swimmers I would toss some Hudds around the Henderson area. They used to plant trout down in that area in the winter.

Thanks for all the tips. I'll be staying in callville bay on a buddy's house boat and will be limited to a wake board boat. so I'll be fishing that area only docks and shore lines. I've been there before and saw plenty of strippers next to the store. Maybe I'll throw some bread on and get a new PB :lol: