SUB Battle For The Underground 2023 - October 13th - 19th

SU Crew4

Was a great week of fishing and not working (took the week off) fished 3x and not much to show for it. 

fished a “trophy management lake” in CT for the first time, was a long haul but gorgeous scenery, landed 15-18 fish, biggest being a 3.13 on the 8th cast of the day thought it was going be an epic day. But another low 3 and heavy 2 lber were the best I could manage along with a bunch of tiny hungry aggressive fish. 

Fished this morning, super windy and leaves all over the surface made it tough to get a clean cast.

happy to have been able to fish the battle this season, was a great time overall. 

I will say the scenery this time of year in NE is pretty epic! 

and at least I didn’t spell the code wrong. 

IMG_0280.png

IMG_0270.jpeg

IMG_0263.jpeg

IMG_0255.jpeg

IMG_0252.jpeg

IMG_0250.jpeg

IMG_0249.jpeg

IMG_0218.jpeg

I sure tried to pull something out today!! It got super windy and that’s when I found the bigger ones slippin!!  Landed 5 fish today these were the better ones at 6-3 and 8-1 both ate the PB rat cranked subsurface. Now I just gotta find my way back in this thing for a 3rd year in a row!!

IMG_3592.thumb.jpeg.b0c81c51fee2ef6faf2208989fdcd159.jpegIMG_3588.thumb.jpeg.6489518ba977afc069396085cf0dc7f6.jpegIMG_3589.thumb.jpeg.4cb0e1f8f7ae7036b480c9e127d8348d.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Still figuring out the GoPro stuff, hope this link works…turn your volume down and please excuse the yell, I was excited

I was throwing a ROF 5 hudd and saw the fish under the trunk of a big laydown, when I reeled it over top of her I saw her move out towards it and I killed it and she ate it as it fell in front of her