What's with prices lately?

Volfan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wait till I can get one. I have another waiting for me now. I'm up to 6 now. Lost one. Hype? Idk. I did get my winning fish on it, I believe 2nd big fish was on it too. There are other baits you payed as much or more for. How much better was your catching? I would never pay that much though nor would I sell one for that much. But as long as both parties are happy they can ask/pay as much as they like. If I didn't like fishing and being fair , I bet I would flip and take your money too. :lol:

If everybody on this site would stop paying a dime over retail, then these "Not Allowed" flippers (so many of them on this site) would stop, or at least some would cease buying them. So many buy for 179.00 and sale for around 250.00 to 300.00. It pisses me off, and you know what, I get them for retail whenever I want them. All u have to do to see the flippers is go straight over to the black market, and they are there, right now.

Remember when this site was dedicated to all these guys who wanted to fish and help each other out. I do. It used to be so awesome, but now it is just a repeat of swimbait nation and the others. If you want to flip, do that ish elsewhere, take it to ebay. None of us who have been here for a long time want to see that ish on this site. I am just speaking the truth and speaking for all the guys on here who know and understand why this site was created.

I have never sold a bait over retail, ever. And you know what, I never will. I don't believe in that ish. And the real fisherman on this site believe the same thing. So I say this, guys we need to help each other out. Stop buying these baits from these guys (I could easily go straight to the black market, and pull so many names right now). I hate posting, but this crap is rediculous and out of control. If you are not here on this site to help everyone out, then get the "Not Allowed" out.

If everybody on this site would stop paying a dime over retail, then these "Not Allowed" flippers (so many of them on this site) would stop, or at least some would cease buying them. So many buy for 179.00 and sale for around 250.00 to 300.00. It pisses me off, and you know what, I get them for retail whenever I want them. All u have to do to see the flippers is go straight over to the black market, and they are there, right now.

Remember when this site was dedicated to all these guys who wanted to fish and help each other out. I do. It used to be so awesome, but now it is just a repeat of swimbait nation and the others. If you want to flip, do that ish elsewhere, take it to ebay. None of us who have been here for a long time want to see that ish on this site. I am just speaking the truth and speaking for all the guys on here who know and understand why this site was created.

I have never sold a bait over retail, ever. And you know what, I never will. I don't believe in that ish. And the real fisherman on this site believe the same thing. So I say this, guys we need to help each other out. Stop buying these baits from these guys (I could easily go straight to the black market, and pull so many names right now). I hate posting, but this crap is rediculous and out of control. If you are not here on this site to help everyone out, then get the "Not Allowed" out.

I agree 100% Carl

so for the record, just what exactly is the retail price for a new deps slide swimmer 250SS?

probably not the same price from shop to shop, or year to year... fair might be defined differently if you're buying or selling.

can anyone here nail down the fair price?

so for the record, just what exactly is the retail price for a new deps slide swimmer 250SS?

probably not the same price from shop to shop, or year to year... fair might be defined differently if you're buying or selling.

IMO it would be $180-$220 for the US colors(flash carp included since it's a US non feathered treble color) and $150 to $200 for the normal Japanese colors. Have I paid more, yes. Have I paid less, not very often :lol:

IMO it would be $180-$220 for the US colors(flash carp included since it's a US non feathered treble color) and $150 to $200 for the normal Japanese colors. Have I paid more, yes. Have I paid less, not very often :lol:

Nailed It Trav....

Nailed It Trav....

Right on.

I remember a year ago you could get 250SS for $110-$130 whenever you wanted on ebay, you had to wait for them to come from Japan but that was not a big deal. Sure wish they were still that price, I want a Trout but no way am I Paying more than $150 for one.

I remember a year ago you could get 250SS for $110-$130 whenever you wanted on ebay, you had to wait for them to come from Japan but that was not a big deal. Sure wish they were still that price, I want a Trout but no way am I Paying more than $150 for one.

You know what, I'm thinking about doing my own swimbait website. One where only certain members can join. And put a market type deal on it. And if you dare attempt to sale a bait for over retail, I'll boot your ass so fast it will make your head spin. But then again, I know the main guys that I would let join, and the one's on here I would never let in.

Def. will think about it, I easily have the money to get it up and running. Hell yah.......

Just remember places like the hooked up tackle selling them for $250 when TW sold em for $180 and Precision Tackle for $200(just like I will always remember BTD selling 316 knockoffs!!). And keep these guys in mind that are listing baits on Black Market for $250 and up, yep some of em might of paid similar price so they are trying to get their money back but others have probably paid as little as $170ish. You have to add taxes and shipping in as well so don't forget that.

If you want to help stop this, just do like I was told to do a long time ago by a fellow member: every time you see someone posting a bait for a ridiculous price, add that name to your list in your phone. When you go to sell a bait for a good deal and a member on that list pm's you first, you have the right to say "sorry buddy, you were first, but you're also on my flipper list, I'm gonna sell it to this other guy that pm's me second and hooked me up on a bait last year." ;)

For me, I honestly just accept paying a higher price for baits. I will never see a slide swimmer in a store and I still have yet to see a huddleston in a store :lol: I actually like it that way though, leaves a lot more fish for me to target.

Think of it like this: Japan makes the bait for probably $25, then you have to add international shipping, custom, etc so when it gets here it goes to say around $75 to $100. Then they get sold to the stores at say $125ish so now the store has to make a profit so they sell them for $150-$180(or the $250 doucher price). Good ol swimbape Johnny buys that bait for $180 and he decides he just wants to make a buck off of it, so he knows he has to pay $10-15 for shipping so that's already $190-195. He looks on the black market and sees baits selling for $250+ and even sees them at the doucher page for $250 retail so he decides that is a fair price and he can make $50 so that's what he does. So swimbape Susie buys it for $250 and throws it once and decides that bait isn't for her, so she wants to sell it, well of course she has to cover shipping as well and wants to make a small profit when she see's the prices in the black market.....and on.....and on.....and on..... until the demand goes down and someone loses money(which is usually me :lol::lol: ).

^Swimbape economics 101 right there^ ;)