SB weld vs mend-it for WCZ baits

FOX941

SB weld seems to never be in stock.  Is there a difference in that vs mend-it?   Seems like I can get men’s-it a lot easier. 

Also, being new to throwing soft baits. How long can I expect a pack of head case citizen 7s to last?  Thanks!

I'm no chemist and I'm not 100% sure, but I'd be willing to bet it's the same stuff.....

Life expectancy on a soft bait has a wide spectrum imo.  Depends on many factors, I'd just toss them and have backups for your backups.

Well there’s a lot of variables in your question if you have no pike / Muskie or any other toothy fish they should last a long time I am still fishing my original formula citizens you can use a torch and a hot knife to do most of the repairs with no soft bait glue Mike has lots of videos about this subject 

I’ve used mend it and fix a lure. Like 22 said it’s all the same stuff. Like 420 said the hot knife/ dab tool works great too and Amd if you’re a low down dirty dawg as well you already have a torch and some sort of tool to heat up. But as for the newer citizens I may be the large minority by saying I prefer the older ones. I’ve already had two newer citizens have the harness seperate from the plastic face. But I still love WCZ lol no hard feelings. 

8 minutes ago, FOX941 said:

Are the battleshads more durable?

I would say yes and the harness is a beefier version it’s pretty small in the citizen and the price reflects it

if you can find the original version citizen and a toxic baits screw lock they last forever as long as you rig it correctly the first time and leave it rigged I have had 0 issues with durability 

You can also use a soldering iron, works great. I use a soldering iron and it came with different tips, its nice to have this option depending on how you need to repair the bait. For smaller repairs I just use the pointed one and for bigger tears I like to use the flat tip so you can get in there and melt both sides of the tear, similar to the hot knife technique but easier to work with. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/15/2024 at 2:32 PM, FOX941 said:

SB weld seems to never be in stock.  Is there a difference in that vs mend-it?   Seems like I can get men’s-it a lot easier. 

Also, being new to throwing soft baits. How long can I expect a pack of head case citizen 7s to last?  Thanks!

I fish them for calico and white seabass in the socal surf, I have some with 9 fish, others with 13 fish, and  they are all still going. I glue the ish out of them tho, which expands the life tremendously. I once had half the tail hanging on and glued it back together. Fished like new.

1 hour ago, Efrain said:

I fish them for calico and white seabass in the socal surf, I have some with 9 fish, others with 13 fish, and  they are all still going. I glue the ish out of them tho, which expands the life tremendously. I once had half the tail hanging on and glued it back together. Fished like new.

I had one with one catfish, one largemouth, then the tail got bitten clean off :(