Drt x SU

Chataboy

The color looks cool. I don't really fish that specific color with that much gold in it but I have a bait that's sort of a variation of a gold shiner color. White belly with a hint of gold and some blue mixed in on the sides that I've caught some good fish on. 

It is sort of interesting that there's only one color to pick from for all of those baits. 

Just now, Drew03cmc said:

I got my TK, a book, a transfer tail and a hat. I'm pleased and this color, in bright sunlight or murky water around here should get hammered. I'm still looking for a Mystic Weed though...

Book is worth the read. Transfer tail is a plus. Mystic weed is by far my most favorite,productive and it’s my confidence bait w that color. 

54 minutes ago, GTier525 said:

Book is worth the read. Transfer tail is a plus. Mystic weed is by far my most favorite,productive and it’s my confidence bait w that color. 

I've used Joythief and Sake Bomber a lot, hammered fish on both, but lots of places, the transparent  colors are preferred. Wouldn't mind replacing my cracked Sake Bomber either.

I sat out what felt like a hype train for a mass production baits & DRT in general for a cool minute… After a few years of seeing their product diversity eco system, impressive array of lure colors, undeniable popularity & productivity I finally took a sip of the cool aid by default of buying a Conquest with a Varial on it… Primed with Mikes content and positive opinion, perspective & input on the handles, -When actually in hand, it all made sense. Although initially perceived as over priced, superfluous and completely unnecessary… My reservations were dissolved. I was smitten & begrudgingly in love with the Butter Smooth pairing.

I acquired a K9 shortly thereafter and threw it in my 2x16’ Test Tank & was largely underwhelmed. In conjunction with their fever pitch popularity & being spoiled with long time exposure to premium Swimbaits due to my dedicated obsession since day one, -My expectations were through the roof… I sold the bait the next day.

Although expectations can be important in certain contexts or situations to keep us in line with our standards, they may also stifle, skew & contaminate our perspectives and Fundamentally Pollute our attitudes & beliefs and thus our subsequent outlook to the point of entirely undermining the ability to hold an intrinsically fair vantage point in which to objectively perceive & evaluate.

I inherently knew I wasn’t giving it a fair shake giving its notable history & proven track record, but be that as it may I hadn’t suspended expectations long enough for it to even have a chance to shift my perspective. Bottom line I have an arsenal of amazing baits and its potential & niche wasn’t fully appreciated at that moment. Later on I thankfully I took chance to better understand and embrace it.

Fortunately, I’m more attached to learning and better understanding something than the blinding entitlement to opinion that grossly plagues the majority of our society.

Being a know it all entitled to your feels is a disposition that doesn’t authentically resonate or constructively serve me despite the intoxicating ease in which it seduces your ego.

Critical thinking is a personally prized virtue. Imperfect sometimes I have to circle back.

My curiosity & interest to learn, grow and be better informed in life and as an angler has served me well so I’m loyal to maturing to a more well rounded, balanced and encompassing perspective.

Ultimately the variability & seemingly infinite array of colorways available held sway over my previous disappointment. The allure of the hunt to track down hard to find favorites can be fun too…(Full Cool-Aid consumption) lol. I came to find & appreciate there ought to be less emphasis placed on its perceived action & my interpretation of its appeal or value & more on my interactions with it… To put less emphasis on its default output and more on the overall input to better understand, improve & gauge it’s performance.

Suffice it to say I regret that sale and have been doubling down ever since.

If you made it this far god bless lol

Cheers:)

3 hours ago, BigBaitThirty said:

I sat out what felt like a hype train for a mass production baits & DRT in general for a cool minute… After a few years of seeing their product diversity eco system, impressive array of lure colors, undeniable popularity & productivity I finally took a sip of the cool aid by default of buying a Conquest with a Varial on it… Primed with Mikes content and positive opinion, perspective & input on the handles, -When actually in hand, it all made sense. Although initially perceived as over priced, superfluous and completely unnecessary… My reservations were dissolved. I was smitten & begrudgingly in love with the Butter Smooth pairing.

I acquired a K9 shortly thereafter and threw it in my 2x16’ Test Tank & was largely underwhelmed. In conjunction with their fever pitch popularity & being spoiled with long time exposure to premium Swimbaits due to my dedicated obsession since day one, -My expectations were through the roof… I sold the bait the next day.

Although expectations can be important in certain contexts or situations to keep us in line with our standards, they may also stifle, skew & contaminate our perspectives and Fundamentally Pollute our attitudes & beliefs and thus our subsequent outlook to the point of entirely undermining the ability to hold an intrinsically fair vantage point in which to objectively perceive & evaluate.

I inherently knew I wasn’t giving it a fair shake giving its notable history & proven track record, but be that as it may I hadn’t suspended expectations long enough for it to even have a chance to shift my perspective. Bottom line I have an arsenal of amazing baits and its potential & niche wasn’t fully appreciated at that moment. Later on I thankfully I took chance to better understand and embrace it.

Fortunately, I’m more attached to learning and better understanding something than the blinding entitlement to opinion that grossly plagues the majority of our society.

Being a know it all entitled to your feels is a disposition that doesn’t authentically resonate or constructively serve me despite the intoxicating ease in which it seduces your ego.

Critical thinking is a personally prized virtue. Imperfect sometimes I have to circle back.

My curiosity & interest to learn, grow and be better informed in life and as an angler has served me well so I’m loyal to maturing to a more well rounded, balanced and encompassing perspective.

Ultimately the variability & seemingly infinite array of colorways available held sway over my previous disappointment. The allure of the hunt to track down hard to find favorites can be fun too…(Full Cool-Aid consumption) lol. I came to find & appreciate there ought to be less emphasis placed on its perceived action & my interpretation of its appeal or value & more on my interactions with it… To put less emphasis on its default output and more on the overall input to better understand, improve & gauge it’s performance.

Suffice it to say I regret that sale and have been doubling down ever since.

If you made it this far god bless lol

Cheers:)

Took me 8 readings one cup of coffee and my reading glasses, for my mind to process this post, but, it all came together made sense. 
The thought process alone is valuable information not only for the latest “hype baits” but other things in general a person might be interested in. 

Nice read. 

Golden shiners are in many locations and kind of a staple of SU. The color of them vary in different locations. I prefer a younger golden shiner witch has less gold in the coloring.

But as we all know sometimes color reaonly means crap and most bits are reactions. My mastic weed TK has basically no paint on it and still catches fish so I do not have to use my back ups.

And you may get better results by asking SU if next time they would consider doing a different color like red, blue, green, etc.....instead of this color sucks and I hate golden shiner. They are really great guys that do a lot to run this platform and do not owe any of us anything.

Brian

1 hour ago, bassbass said:

Golden shiners are in many locations and kind of a staple of SU. The color of them vary in different locations. I prefer a younger golden shiner witch has less gold in the coloring.

But as we all know sometimes color reaonly means crap and most bits are reactions. My mastic weed TK has basically no paint on it and still catches fish so I do not have to use my back ups.

And you may get better results by asking SU if next time they would consider doing a different color like red, blue, green, etc.....instead of this color sucks and I hate golden shiner. They are really great guys that do a lot to run this platform and do not owe any of us anything.

Brian

Truth. Bravo. This resonates. Cheers 

2 hours ago, bassbass said:

Brian

With all due respect Brian, I don’t see where anybody said “this color sucks” or “I hate golden shiner”, so not sure if that’s posted elsewhere. I think some (like myself) were just disappointed as the last few SU bait offerings have been “Golden Shiner”, and we know they have other exclusive colors they use. It was an open discussion with nobody bashing the bait, color or SU at all. It was an open dialogue. Just a question posed if others were hoping for other color options. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I agree with you, action in a bait is more important than the color itself. But, now I’ll speak on my behalf, I find if I have confidence in a color, that gives me confidence in the bait itself, and I’ll use it more effectively. Yea, I guess I’m stating, color in a bait is almost like a placebo effect for me. As you said, “golden shiners” are in many locations. I can say, and confirm, there is zero golden shiners in my home reservoir. They were never stocked there, and speaking with the lead fisheries biologist for the state, he confirmed they never even came across a single one during their shocking and assessment of the waters (I can provided that information from him as well). So I do not find “confidence” in that particular color. So I chose not purchase one for myself.  However, when SU had the DRT K9 Perch color, I picked one up for myself, as I find confidence in it. They are abundant food source in my waters.

You are 100% correct , SU owes nobody on this forum anything for what they provide free to use. I have said myself in the past. Anytime I personally have contacted them, they respond almost immediately. Never an issue. I have purchased  gear and baits from them, and will continue to support them. They can make whatever colors they want, it’s their business model.  

As I said, I mean no disrespect towards you and I respect your opinion. My apologies if you took my post as something negative towards SU, their color option or the forum itself. You have been around the forum a long time, way longer than me, and I respect that. You have even influenced me, to be more of an active member in some areas of the forum that often gets overlooked, which is really what the forum is about: the swimbait fishing. 

I’ll digress a bit. Anybody who did purchase a “Golden Shiner” bait, I sincerely do hope you land a PB. 

Chris~~~

6 hours ago, Mossyback Angler said:

With all due respect Brian, I don’t see where anybody said “this color sucks” or “I hate golden shiner”, so not sure if that’s posted elsewhere. I think some (like myself) were just disappointed as the last few SU bait offerings have been “Golden Shiner”, and we know they have other exclusive colors they use. It was an open discussion with nobody bashing the bait, color or SU at all. It was an open dialogue. Just a question posed if others were hoping for other color options. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I agree with you, action in a bait is more important than the color itself. But, now I’ll speak on my behalf, I find if I have confidence in a color, that gives me confidence in the bait itself, and I’ll use it more effectively. Yea, I guess I’m stating, color in a bait is almost like a placebo effect for me. As you said, “golden shiners” are in many locations. I can say, and confirm, there is zero golden shiners in my home reservoir. They were never stocked there, and speaking with the lead fisheries biologist for the state, he confirmed they never even came across a single one during their shocking and assessment of the waters (I can provided that information from him as well). So I do not find “confidence” in that particular color. So I chose not purchase one for myself.  However, when SU had the DRT K9 Perch color, I picked one up for myself, as I find confidence in it. They are abundant food source in my waters.

You are 100% correct , SU owes nobody on this forum anything for what they provide free to use. I have said myself in the past. Anytime I personally have contacted them, they respond almost immediately. Never an issue. I have purchased  gear and baits from them, and will continue to support them. They can make whatever colors they want, it’s their business model.  

As I said, I mean no disrespect towards you and I respect your opinion. My apologies if you took my post as something negative towards SU, their color option or the forum itself. You have been around the forum a long time, way longer than me, and I respect that. You have even influenced me, to be more of an active member in some areas of the forum that often gets overlooked, which is really what the forum is about: the swimbait fishing. 

I’ll digress a bit. Anybody who did purchase a “Golden Shiner” bait, I sincerely do hope you land a PB. 

Chris~~~

No worries my friend. My post was not directed at anyone, it was more of a general reply and I may have aplibbed a little to try to get a point across.

Keep on fishing

Brian