New England Fishing Expo

BoatSquirrel

41 minutes ago, Jm Apostolakes said:

I got there a half an hour after opening and it looked like three parking lots full of cars....a ish load of people. I decided it wasnt worth the hassle, packed up and went home. I live 20 min from the event.

If the show is still going on tomorrow I would definitely take the ride and go check out the Real Prey booth. Most amazing underrated baits ever and he makes a killer perch for the Northeast of all different sizes. Annnnnnd he makes enough to make it thru the show id imagine.

Then go check out the Beast Coast booth couple of guys from Connecticut who also have some amazing stuff for very good prices

Just a heads up to those peeps chasing baits next year. There is a VIP sign up that gets you in first. The VIP tickets were sold out and the wrong line I was in for VIPs was about 75 long. At least that was the case on Sat. 

Edited by bigpoppabass

13 hours ago, SP00N said:

Went yesterday for a bit. Great time! Got my hands on a perch boss that I've been wanting to check out. Few other solid baits as well.

IMG_20240202_181803374.thumb.jpg.53a7a83490bddf796d2540c66a81039b.jpg

Sending one of those Boss baits to another SU member. I was tempted to get one. Reminds me of a slightly lighter and thinner Hinkle at a good price under $200. 

I went Saturday, 30 minutes after open I still had to park like allllll the way at the top of the hill by the actual hotel. Crazy busy but the line in was moving at least. Snagged some more real prey baits and some conventional tackle but it was just cool to see some of the bait makers and dream about a new kayak or boat haha. 

I got there at noon Saturday, massive outflow of early birds leaving but still had to park at the top of the hill near a bunch power company bucket trucks.  Got in the building without any waiting but is was stuffed and quite warm in there. Met Wayne AKA Speedbead and the boys at Universe booth first then hung out at Realpreys booth and helped Joe sell a couple baits.  Swung by the Bullshad booth and met Mike and bought a 9" perch glide. Swung by Victors booth and grabbed a Paperweight then dodged folks browsing the different vendors. Went back to the Universe booth and bought a tshirt and met Joey Lanciotti but all the 3pc gills were long gone.  Back over to Joes booth  and bought one of his custom painted walking baits, on the way back over I stopped briefly and said hi to Oliver Ngy.  Glad most didn't take debit cards or I would have spent a lot more than I did, I'm to cheap to pay the 8 dollar ATM fee lol.  They need a bigger venue it was just to stuffed in there.