Swimbait Pet Peeves

Crazybassfisher

Biggest pet peeve is probably people who are just starting out swimbait fishing with next to no previous knowledge about bass fishing in the first place. If this was hunting, it would be like going on an unguided African safari in search of a rhino armed with a blow-dart gun that you don't know how to use.......

On a local basis, everything's a pet peeve, you're throwing swimbaits, I probably will avoid you, you see me fishing, and you don't see me cast a swimbait, you ask me about swimbaits and I probably start a long winded conversation about how innovate the Alabama rig is and how its far superior to one single large bait.

I can't stand swimbait hipster fad guys, & imo that has nothing to do with clothing choice..... Not a big fan of people who jump the gun when making conclusions, then giving recommendations, on pretty much nothing.

people who take fishing/swimbaits more seriously than things that are ACTUALLY important in life. Family, Finances, Friends, all far more important than fishing in any form.

I also hate guys who won't throw anything but big baits because their egos are too big. If I see dudes sticking pigs on Jigs or something else and i'm skunking on a swimbait you better believe i'm going to put those rods away. Swimbait fishing is not the end all, it is a piece to the puzzle for big fish.

Snobs and people that think they know it all :!: I like to enjoy fishing, being out on the lake and people I meet or get to know along the way.

One other per peeve is on the biggest lake near me during spawn the Bass get literally get harvested or should I say strip mined which makes me sick :!: You get rows of 12 anglers along stretches of the bank in different places and in any kind of car top boat. They use live bait and take home any Bass they get to eat :!: Areas they get done with use to be good productive areas and is the reason I like my Hobie Pro Angler to cover ground and get to parts of the lake they can't with the small electric or gas motors! I wish Fish & Game would do something to protect the spawning fish :!::x

Snobs and people that think they know it all :!: I like to enjoy fishing, being out on the lake and people I meet or get to know along the way.

One other per peeve is on the biggest lake near me during spawn the Bass get literally get harvested or should I say strip mined which makes me sick :!: You get rows of 12 anglers along stretches of the bank in different places and in any kind of car top boat. They use live bait and take home any Bass they get to eat :!: Areas they get done with use to be good productive areas and is the reason I like my Hobie Pro Angler to cover ground and get to parts of the lake they can't with the small electric or gas motors! I wish Fish & Game would do something to protect the spawning fish :!::x

This reminds me, locally we had tournaments on a small local lake every weekend from february-june last year. The stupid tournament guys were pulling hundreds of fish off of beds then just releasing them all in the same spot at the boat launch. I came in one day to count 40 dead bass at the boat ramp including one fish that was 10+. tournament guys here are irresponsible. I agree that fish and game needs to regulate the spawn better.