Is this worth fixing?

Ash showl

Man I understand ish happens, but this could’ve been avoided. I should’ve just left this stick at home when I knew it was going to be cumbersome to transport with a car. Not sure how it happened, my guess is when we were grabbing our rods out the car to start fishing must’ve got snagged somewhere and my brother just keeping forcing it out. About 3 inches from the tip down snapped on my LDC. Luckily I brought two rods with me and wasn’t completely SOL.

judging by the pics is this worth fixing?

IMG_1783.jpeg

IMG_1784.jpeg

@Ash showl  Hope I'm catching you before you leave the house: Walmart tip repair kit, $3. I used this to fix my Fury 795--same as yours, 3" broken at the tip. Still sticking fish three years later. This kit has three sizes so one should fit. Save yourself some money. 

Screenshot_20240311_191519_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, 168 Rookie said:

@Ash showl  Hope I'm catching you before you leave the house: Walmart tip repair kit, $3. I used this to fix my Fury 795--same as yours, 3" broken at the tip. Still sticking fish three years later. This kit has three sizes so one should fit. Save yourself some money. 

Screenshot_20240311_191519_Chrome.jpg

Thank you man, I’ll get it tomorrow 

On 3/11/2024 at 6:38 PM, Ash showl said:

Thank you man, I’ll get it tomorrow 

If you are heating up the tip for the glue make sure the blank doesn't get too hot I had a rod that I brought to local shop and they either got it too hot or didn't do something right and the next time I brought it out it broke again right at the junction to the blank. I would recommend getting a higher quality guide too, fuji guides like the ones they use on the LDC rods aren't too expensive for a better guide than the Ozark trail ones. 

On 3/11/2024 at 1:31 PM, Ash showl said:

Thanks guys, I’ll take it to a rod repair and see if they can help with it.

also it looks like the original guide it still there, with a little heat you can re-use that one.