First two swimbait fish and first fish this year!!!!!

appstlhd

The title says it all! My swimbait journey started last fall with a flipping rod and a dream- had a few eats but the stiffness of that rod pulled the hooks every time.  I upgraded to a Dobyn's Fury 806 and a Shimano Cardiff around Christmas-time and fished HARD.  I didn't have any Hudds to drag on the bottom, so I fished glides all winter.  Kept at it, skunk after skunk, knowing that getting that first fish would take time. Fast forward to today; I had just gotten a TK that I traded a Deps SK for (shoutout to Joshua if you see this; thanks bro!), and had already had two follows in hella muddy water.  My buddy and I hit up a lake we had only been to once or twice before, and after about 5 minutes of casting, I watched the smaller fish eat it at my feet.  AT MY FEET! After boat flipping it to the bank, I felt like a huge weight had lifted off of me.  I've always said, you might not catch a fish every time you go, but sometimes, you catch a fish when you need to.  I also found out today that my mom would have to start legit chemo after taking it in pill form for the last several years- it's almost like everything lined up to catch that first fish- I needed it for sure.  The second fish- a bona fide 4 poundah came about 30 minutes later while I was giving the TK the ole Bill Dance (think- twitch twich PAWS) and BOOM. Smoked it. Choked it. Swallowed it whole.  Learning to fish swimbaits all winter has finally paid off, and damn does it feel good.  Hopefully the rest of the week will look like today, or better! Thanks to everybody on here for sharing y'alls knowledge and experiences! 

- appstlhd

image000004.JPG

image000000.JPG