Best glides for the northeast?

Jerkbait22

NE guys represent! What do you think the best glides are for our region for both size and numbers?  Bgc 7” has been the best numbers glide for me but I’m still searching for something that gets size as well. 

Just now, Jonnybass64 said:

Hyper shad and tackle Kraft native gill are killers. Also have had some luck on the hinkle and hiro 8.5 soft tail 

I was gonna caveat this thread with klash 9 and tk I wouldn’t consider true glides. Because I expected to get a lot of replies with those 2 baits. For me klash 9 while not a true glide, in glide mode, has probably been my best bait for size and numbers.  If I remember correctly it holds your PB but that was cranking/deadwalking?

Ive caught many more big fish on wakes vs glides, but I love fishing glides due to the visual nature of the baits. I’ve been experimenting with some bigger glides but haven’t really dialed in what the ideal size / bait is that gets size and numbers. The really big stuff for me gets a follow or two a day, maybe one bite, whereas I can catch multiple fish on some of the smaller baits but don’t see the bigger fish even follow most days. 

Although recently I caught a nice fish on a Chad shad and it got me thinking as to what size / profile could be best for the northeast. I know different situations and bodies of water will vary, but just generally speaking about northern strain largemouth I’ve been thinking and experimenting with different options. Figured there are guys out there who have probably been through this and might have feedback. Although the journey is indeed half the fun. 

I have a hyper Shad I need to put more time into. Never caught a fish on one but that’s another bait I expected to come up in this thread. 

Ya the k9 has my biggest fish in my home state of Massachusetts but I was deadwalking it so not really a glide. Have definitely caught fish gliding it with the transfer tail but I usually reach for another bait if I’m looking for a glide. The hyper shad I would say is similar to a chad in size and probably action. Its my best bite producer as far as a glide goes for river smallies and largemouth around cover. I fish mine blank so like you’re saying it’s super visual which makes it very fun. If I’m looking for a bite on a glide I pick up the hyper but it’s not produced a giant for me yet like some other glides. More confidence in it than any of my other glides though. 

10 minutes ago, bassturds said:

I’ve slayed with the DS glide. In my first month I caught an 8-2, 7-5,7-1 5-11, 5 even and multiple under 5 with a few missed biggons. All MA fish! 

I remember this! You were on an insane run.  The DS definitely gets bit. 

1 hour ago, Jonnybass64 said:

Ya the k9 has my biggest fish in my home state of Massachusetts but I was deadwalking it so not really a glide. Have definitely caught fish gliding it with the transfer tail but I usually reach for another bait if I’m looking for a glide. The hyper shad I would say is similar to a chad in size and probably action. Its my best bite producer as far as a glide goes for river smallies and largemouth around cover. I fish mine blank so like you’re saying it’s super visual which makes it very fun. If I’m looking for a bite on a glide I pick up the hyper but it’s not produced a giant for me yet like some other glides. More confidence in it than any of my other glides though. 

What retrieves do you use for the hyper for LM vs SM? Everyone says fish it blank and I saw there were blanks up on the site this morning so ended up ordering one. 

5 minutes ago, Jerkbait22 said:

What retrieves do you use for the hyper for LM vs SM? Everyone says fish it blank and I saw there were blanks up on the site this morning so ended up ordering one. 

I always end up just feeling it out during the day but I make sure I’m throwing it tight to cover and I fish it slower right next to the cover and faster in more open water in general. Along pad lines or grass lines for largemouth and up around any kind of current break for smallies 

Taxi Trout and Hinkle Shad have caught my two best glide fish here in Western MA.  The Deps 250 pulls in big fish for me but I can't seem to get them to bite, just follows.  Grabbed a Bullshad glide in Perch and a couple KGB Glides over the winter and they have been getting bit in the ice water but so biggins yet.

6.9lb glide fish 3-14-2020.jpg

6.85 lbs hinkle.jpg

2 hours ago, urbanhick said:

Taxi Trout and Hinkle Shad have caught my two best glide fish here in Western MA.  The Deps 250 pulls in big fish for me but I can't seem to get them to bite, just follows.  Grabbed a Bullshad glide in Perch and a couple KGB Glides over the winter and they have been getting bit in the ice water but so biggins yet.

6.9lb glide fish 3-14-2020.jpg

6.85 lbs hinkle.jpg

Which KGB’s did you end up getting? My first swimbait fish of the year came on a Chad shad this month. Also, with the taxi trout, do you find it’s a 1 bite a day type bait or do you still get the 2-3 pounders to eat it?