Need Help With Reel

I need help fixing a reel i have. It is a shimano calcutta TE 250 DC. I've never seen it online before and I bought it used off of somebody. I noticed that whenever I am reeling, and I lean the reel to the right, the spool keeps spinning even when I stop turning the handle. Whenever this happens and I notice it, I lean the reel back over to the left side, and it makes this weird sound. It,s almost like running your finger through a comb but metal on metal. I think it has something to do with the main gear or the one next to it coming loose, but idk how to fix it.

5 hours ago, nolesfishing said:

I need help fixing a reel i have. It is a shimano calcutta TE 250 DC. I've never seen it online before and I bought it used off of somebody. I noticed that whenever I am reeling, and I lean the reel to the right, the spool keeps spinning even when I stop turning the handle. Whenever this happens and I notice it, I lean the reel back over to the left side, and it makes this weird sound. It,s almost like running your finger through a comb but metal on metal. I think it has something to do with the main gear or the one next to it coming loose, but idk how to fix it.

Take off your reel cover and check to see if the ceramic piece is inside the cover.  The hole where your spool fits in.

2 hours ago, BensBaits said:

If that doesn’t work Gully’s Reel repair on instagram is the guy I went to when my shimano Antares was acting up. 

His customer service recently has been poor to say the least. Many people have had issues with him lately