Best reel $300 and under?

Norv

I currently have a curado 300 and I love the reel, how is the tranx 300 in comparison. Also I was wondering how does the Daiwa lexa 300 and Daiwa tatula 300 stack up. I have not used either of those models, I have a 100 and 200 tatula and they're good but not my favorites. Let me know, I'm currently between the lexa 300 and another curado 300. Any advice is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I have used a few swimbait reels including the Daiwa Coastal 200, Tranx 300/400, and Lexa wn 300. Personally I think the coastal is the smoothest although the Tranx comes close. My personal favorite is the lexa, it feels less refined but I do prefer the feel in hand coupled with smooth drag, line capacity, and saltwater protection. I’ve used the reel extensively for the last couple years and have put it through a lot of fish in the cold, driving rain, it’s been dunked in the salt and runs perfectly still.

I have a few Tatula 300’s along with 200’s, 150’s, 100’s and prefer them over the Tranx, no complaints with the Curado other than I prefer the brake adjustment on the Daiwa’s over the Shimano (not opening the cover. I’ve also fished a Lexa 300 in fresh and salt and it is seemingly indestructible. Currently using a couple Lexa’s and Coastal’s for salt and Tatula’s for the fresh. 

Daiwa coastal 200 is my favorite reel for 4 oz lures and under. I have 3 of them and use them for everything from swimbaits to saltwater fishing. Tatula 300 is for my big soft baits and glides over 4 oz. Great reels not 1 complaint