Shellcracker

whit

Does your Blackdog shellcracker roll, and not wake if you reel too fast. I'm talking anything more than BARELY creeping it in. It wants to roll on me and the tail stops kicking. Thanks guys

That's how that bait is

The wood one without the bill,

If you can find one with a bill it's better

As stated above the wood non-billed Cracker works better as a twitch bait,for me anyways. The billed Cracker works better if you want to crank it or waked it.

Here's a couple links of vids that show the difference. The non-billed Cracker is my favorite top-water bait. Twitch ,slap,pop and a 180 turn,then kill and just wait for the blow up.

regards,

Casca

The original one without the bill is one of my favorite baits. I have some that I can burn and others that I can't, but in generally I use the non billed version slow with lots of twiches and pauses mixed in with pulling it slowly for a couple ft. The bait has a great tail slap. When I want to wake I use the billed version.

The OG Shellcracker floater without a bill is definetly a twitch/walking bait, I've caught fish waking it really slow, but it shines a lot more twitching it.

Thanks!! I will focus onthe twitch and walking. Also, when would you start throwing the Shellcracker? Soon since the spring is upon us in Cali?