Deps 250 Slide Swimmer

wnighswonger

Ok, probably gonna get crap for this but...

what is the big deal with the slide swimmer? like it's a $250 bait and I don't understand why someone would throw $250 at a fishing lure... I can understand under $100 (Triple Trouts, Lunker Punker, etc...) but those are also hand made... Not sure if the deps are hand made, but it doesn't seem like it. I guess i'm just wondering why some of you guys would spend $250 on a bait... I mean sure it works but so does a $30 River 2 Sea S-waver, or a $17 Savagear Line Thru... just wondering your guys' opinion

Some of it has to do with exclusivity but these things GET BIT. Nothing is a magic fish catching bait. You certainly have to fish where the fish are, but in my opinion, the 250 is the closest thing to a Hudd as I could imagine as far as bites per trip.

As far as $250, its nuts. It really is. And its hard to justify. But the bait is legit.

Same reason I spent $400 on a mother. They catch fish. It has an action like nothing else on the market and also they are hard to get. Supply and demand. Supply low demand extremely high drives the price up. Just look at 316 a few years ago. Now you can barely sell some for over retail.

This is not complicated. Why does one car cost more than another? Why is one bottle of wine cheap while another is expensive?

+1...and what happened to good info happening around here? wish we had some of the old OGs still putting out info for the more intermediate to advanced guys on here.

and ya, 250s get bit once you learn how to fish them, as with any bait. Too many people hop on the swimbait wagon and dont even know how to bass fish. get that part down first, then ask questions. sorry to rant, just my thoughts, a lot of the time lately...just fish.

This is not complicated. Why does one car cost more than another? Why is one bottle of wine cheap while another is expensive?

+1...and what happened to good info happening around here? wish we had some of the old OGs still putting out info for the more intermediate to advanced guys on here.

and ya, 250s get bit once you learn how to fish them, as with any bait. Too many people hop on the swimbait wagon and dont even know how to bass fish. get that part down first, then ask questions. sorry to rant, just my thoughts, a lot of the time lately...just fish.

Agreed

Can't believe the "why" questions are still out there on price. Buy one and find out. Nothing bad can come of it. You'll fish it and fall in love or you won't and sell it for what you paid.

Where is the downside?

Save your lunch money and pay to play.

My catches have been worth every penny. You can't put a cash price on what I have caught already. You have to be on fish to have great days. You also have to have baits they want to hit. Just fishing where they are, live, eat is not enough. They just don't touch some baits as much or at all.

Can't believe the "why" questions are still out there on price. Buy one and find out. Nothing bad can come of it. You'll fish it and fall in love or you won't and sell it for what you paid.

Where is the downside?

Save your lunch money and pay to play.

Probably could sell it for a little more if someone is really needing one

The other reason i dont want to buy one is i tend to lose my baits... i just dont have the greatest luck. So i try to keep a low budget when it comes to this stuff :lol:

Like loosing people's slammers in trees :?

I still owe you one dont I :roll::oops::cry: