Catch and release works!

Jace D

What a trip! The fish on the left was an 8-4 that my brother caught back in December. The one on the right is an 8-12 I caught yesterday. Same fish? I'll let you guys decide. (By the way. My brother released this fish miles from where I caught it!)post-979-14252994363537_thumb.jpg

Definitely the same fish I think.

He released it miles from where you caught it. But did you catch them in the same area?

My friend has recaught the same fish on the same spot but released it the first time a long way away after getting pictures taken.

I dont think this type of travel for bass is a rare occurrence. I think bass have a homing instinct just like salmon, they know how to get back to where they want to be. Thing is science doesnt know what those mechanisms bass use to navigate, at least not near as well as science knows how salmon navigate. Pretty cool stuff, bass definitely know their underwater world just like we know our own cities.

Definitely the same fish I think.

He released it miles from where you caught it. But did you catch them in the same area?

My friend has recaught the same fish on the same spot but released it the first time a long way away after getting pictures taken.

It was caught in the same area. Not exactly the same spot but within probably 250 yds. This fish obviously knows where it wants to be. Im just totally blown away. That fish has to hate my boat! :lol:

Wow, that's so cool. Definitely looks like the same fish. I read something before about how a fish will return to where it was caught after being released somewhere else. That right there is the proof.