hudd pricing goin sky high! what the deal?

BrandonD

A lot of guys are willing to drop serious money on new unproven baits because they think the secret to catching trophy bass is a silver-bullet bait instead of being a better fisherman. I don't know if Ken's charging too much for his baits, but Don doesn't really care what Ken charges because he gets his baits for free. ;)

A lot of guys are willing to drop serious money on new unproven baits because they think the secret to catching trophy bass is a silver-bullet bait instead of being a better fisherman. I don't know if Ken's charging too much for his baits, but Don doesn't really care what Ken charges because he gets his baits for free. ;)

That's not so. I dropped over 200 the last weedless run. I have received some baits from him but I think people believe things are , what they are not. I don't need free anything to catch big bass. But I do need Hudds to achieve my catches. So I will pay what he needs so I can get my needs/wants lol. Thank you very much. :D

Because he needs to make a living too. Building materials, shop supplies, overhead (electricity, water, building space, permits), paint, postage, website, legal, TAXES. I could think of more the list goes on. Everything adds up. Most of it is directly related to petroleum costs rising. When people say gas prices are rising it's not just for you at the pump. It's everything, the cost of manufacturing the cost of freight for the suppliers. Everything is connected.

I'd rather pay Ken $5 more for a hudd so he gets more of the profit. He's probably making 30-40% of that $30 when he sells to TW and other retailers.

Well that answer just put any questions aside, well done

Components like plastisol, paint, packaging, hooks, etc. continue to go up. Employees want raises after a while. Taxes are brutal and shipping is always getting more expencive. What may have been an acceptable profit margin before might not be enough now. Stores get a large piece of the pie when they sell the product because they have bills to pay to. I don't think Ken charges as much as he can. I don't think he gouges anybody. His prices seem fair to me.

Don is right, strange that guys will spend what they do on unproven baits with all the newer swimbait companies.

I totally agree on these statements. Everything goes up in price due to gas prices just for example, so everything we buy also eventually get higher prices just sign of the times. All of Ken's materials, energy bills, maintenance bills, rent and mortgages goes up. He has to make a living to pay for those. And $30 for eight inch hudd is decent price.

Good thing I stocked up on hudds and never stopped back when the prices were cheaper, and when the retailers had a sale you damn right I bought more :lol: I'll buy more hudds sometime in 2016, unless the 10" comes out :shock: