Tourney time!

Mossypumpkin

Hey, Guys. First T of the year is this saturday. Im on a big fish pond and am hoping to get into a swimbait fish or...5. Water is going to be about 4 - 6' visibility, high, and cold. Looking at probably 45 - 48 degrees. Weather is supposed mid 50's, sunny start then clouding up at some point and the night before is supposed to drop into the mid 30's. the pond is about 1,300 acres and relatively shallow..deepest water being 33ish feet. LOTS of weed from 5 to 15', depending on how much has died back over the winter. There are a ton of 3 to 5 pound fish in here and I have caught a 6.3. Seen several from 6 to just over 7. Did a 20.5lb sack here in august 2 years ago and seen 23 and 24lb bags, so there are big fish. The pond has white/yellow perch, crappie, brown trout and alewives. Usually do well with 7" senkos, jigs, and big traps.

Gonna be throwing an rof 3 hudd that has been my go-to. Wondering what some other baits are I need to toss? Thinking a 10" TT and an s-waver 168 or 200 as well. Anything else I should throw? Any input would be great! Thanks!

Good luck and we will be expecting follow up pics :D

I thought about taking my gopro, but first T of the year and we havnt even had the boat in the water yet. Could be a little frustrating lol.

Don, thats the plan. I told my partner not to let me fish the big baits til we have a limit. Although I may throw the RP alewive around early as it is a good search bait that isnt very big. We'll see how it goes..

LOL, I'd be throwing a Pointer 128 and some type of red craw trap in water like that. :lol:

Good luck.

x2 id even throw a pointer 78. Also creep a chatterbait on the bottom. That can get some good early season bitesy