Wisconsin Swimbaiting

nicks7

Hey guys,

I'm making a trip to a mid size lake in Wisconsin in early June. I've fished this place every year for the past 8 years, never with swimbaits. This year, I'm bringing some punkers, shell crackers, slammers to experiment. Are there any swimbaits/ fishing patterns you guys have found to be especially productive in the Midwest? Thanks

It looks like they discontinued them, but you can still find the Storm Wild Eye Live Perch in 4". I know they're small and not fancy or possibly even considered "swimbaits" by some, but my god do they work in Wisconsin and Michigan. Throw a bobber and worm out and see how many baby perch you catch....then you'll know why.

I know if you go west to the next state over the lakes are loader with little perch. I'm sure they have a ton in the lakes u will be fishing. Just the nature of the lakes up here. Per ch and bluegills have to make up more than 75% of a bass' diet up here. Just make sure u bring some mmend.it with because the pike and muskies also love perch baits

6" Rising son, is my favorite bait and I fish in wisconsin everyday, I like it in bass, bluegill or white, or really any color. You'll catch largemouth, small mouth, muskys, northerns. 6" perch color hudd is great also, and believe it or not like someone else said those cheap ass storm 4"ers in perch work well too. (I take the treble off)