Favorite Swimbait Reels?

jerkin_jaws

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own a lexA, a curado, a luna, and the new Komodo and personally the curado wins. The lexa is nice for the price and the fact it has different ratio options but it needs upgrading.. The new komodos are butter smooth and I'm very impressed with it so far, would say it's almost a tie w my curado.

I bought a 200z over the winter when they were blowing them out at tw, it is definitely my new favorite. If I would have known I was going to like 200Z so much, I would have bought 2 more. I feel like I could snag a hippo and reel it in with the 200Z. I prefer the low pro reels, my wrist are all kinds of f%#@ed up and the low pros don't irritate them as fast.

I like my Pluton, I have 2 in both gear ratios and haven't failed me yet. The one small downside is the line cap, but than again, I never had a bass spool me. Maybe if I fished the bay for the 40lb stripers might I have to worry. My opinion is bias because those are the only big or swimbait reels I have.

Started with nothing but Cardiff 400s at first. Then added a curado 300 then a Calcutta B and another B( one B was bad) it also got stolen lol. Anyway then came DSV and then up to the TEs. I liked them all. Caught with them all. It's not easy to replace 3 to 4 hundred dollar reels all the time. Rebuilding reels can be done to them all. I'm going over to lexa 300s now. Still using a DSV also for now. It's just something I'm going to try. They are all reels that work well. So for now my vote goes to Titos! Titos! Titos! :mrgreen:

That's a sweet reel^

It has a matching rod I built for it too, Lamiglas LGM96-1XH 1-8oz, 8', Xtra Heavy blank 8-)

Finished off with Matagi Components, Fuji TiSIC Guides, and EVA handles.

IMG_2235.jpg

muskyrod.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg