Getting Frustrated and Discouraged.....

Big Poppa

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have the what I like to call, "it's cool throw swimbaits, and I have more baits than teeth marks" syndrome!!! Happened to me and happens to a lot of people so don't fret... Choose 1 bait, learn how to fish it, and progress... Owning every bait made does nothing to increase your chances of getting bit... Unless you want to be a bait collector ... Just my 1 cent....

Yeah, Its kinda true. Im just trying to get on the swimbait bite before everybody else does here in VA. I was trying to cover all the possible conditions. Im gonna focus on learning a few baits first.

Your late to that game already lol. As for no trout being in your lake... Caught a lot of fish in that place on trouts.

You want to catch numbers get out of there and hit the river. You want size stay up there. River you can also fish at night!

I think the G2 you have pictured there is the right bait to commit to. You will catch fish over 5 pounds easily if they are in there where you fish. I started off small, and worked my way up to 8" plus baits.

You have the what I like to call, "it's cool throw swimbaits, and I have more baits than teeth marks" syndrome!!! Happened to me and happens to a lot of people so don't fret... Choose 1 bait, learn how to fish it, and progress... Owning every bait made does nothing to increase your chances of getting bit... Unless you want to be a bait collector ... Just my 1 cent....

Yeah, Its kinda true. Im just trying to get on the swimbait bite before everybody else does here in VA. I was trying to cover all the possible conditions. Im gonna focus on learning a few baits first.

Your late to that game already lol. As for no trout being in your lake... Caught a lot of fish in that place on trouts.

You want to catch numbers get out of there and hit the river. You want size stay up there. River you can also fish at night!

"Oh ok" we may need to link up bro. Ive been sticking to gill and shad baits.

I had one smack the @#$% out of my bull shad this morning but couldnt connect. :x

• 2 weeks later...

I fish swimbaits in va... I started small with the soft bodie ones then moved up to osprey tournament talons and hudds then bbzs and g2s then the bigger stuff once I had the rod to accommodate it like real gillz and slammers and rats and such .... All in all if I had only two baits to take while in va it would be a hudd and a shell cracker ... Biiiig bass will eat those shell crackers man.. Especially right now til the end of summer .. I just look for beds with fish on em or not then look for ambush points and start casting ... Maybe come down on like diameter or use Fluro ... But I've been usin straight braid and only now am I going too no and the adding of Fluro leaders to my braid...

Thanks for the the input "hookedup" Ive been on Vacation in SC for a little while and was messing around with the hudd shads and minnows in small ponds. I headed out this morning after getting back to.nova and hooked up with this little guy on the 68. Id like to go out and learn some stuff from you more experienced guys.

post-3423-14253000051981_thumb.jpg