Hudd rigging, BB out dated?

george_r_d

Only thing I'll change sometimes is I go 90# wire if I'm flipping fish through grass on shore. 60# is strong though and more than enough on a boat or with a net. Just a few Bb rigged fish from the last mild weather months here. Been on a hardbait kick lately now though with the summer coming in hot.

Also if you use a harness into the foam eventually you'll have so many puncher marks into the foam it won't hold a paper clip or harness in it well. Tried it this year, didn't like it. Some guys do. My buddy Ryan escutia down in SD goes quads in size one and used a paper clip (painted black) harness into the foam. I don't get bit with that rig in my lakes but it works wonders for him. Just a thought if you don't like the og rigging style. Good luck dudes

post-2031-14252999996216_thumb.jpg

post-2031-14252999996977_thumb.jpg

post-2031-14252999997672_thumb.jpg

Who say's its outdated and how are they rigging it different?

A bass doesn't know what's current and cool. Get a hook somewhere between the line tie and the dorsal fin using wire, heavy braid, or split rings and a swivel. Have a soft bait glue on hand to fix tears along with a few extra pre rigged baits.

BB rig is the best, if you dont want to bend the hook under the skin then just cut it before it starts to bend and push it down into the foam. then super glue it in.

Isn't half the point of the BB rig to allow the hook to come out the bait so the fish has less leverage to throw it?