Graphite/kevlar/texalium handle tubes

evilcatfish

So I've noticed a few custom rods getting done up with graphite/Kevlar/texalium handle tubes lately and was wondering if any of you guys that have them like them. They look very cool and apparently help you feel more vibrations in the rod? Well at least that's what a google search told me. I've never personally held one and am wondering how grippy they are? For some reason they look like if they got wet they'd be slick as snot

Here's a graphite example of one Ben from LDC recently did and posted to social media. You can see the raw tubes for sale on Mudhole. I think one with this style handle was also recently for sale in the Blackmarket

56816732-b4d5-47df-b5f4-a53dba9dff20_zpsf653e0c2.jpg

Oh. Yeah I saw that picture, just didn't know what it was called. I don't anything about them though

That one could be mine! My last three I have the tube and the alps seat. I like the tube because of the continuous cross section. I put a BPS rubber rod balancer, loaded with weights, on the end cap. It keeps the rod tip from dipping when held horizontal. Keeps the 250 from feeling so heavy all day

The new gary loomis rods (edge rods) have carbon fiber handles. Apparently lighter & much more sensitive than cork/eva.

I'd like to check one out in person & will keep an open mind, but... seems like it'd be about as comfortable as a pvc pipe.

Rogue used to make their lineup with graphite tubes as an option (I believe Lami did as well). They transmit well on jig rods, but can get hot and be real slippery when wet. Had to pull my bud out of Clear lake at 2am in the dead of winter years back after he dove after his 796.

I like the look of them and think Ben definitely has the right idea with that EVA behind the trigger :D