Bluegill crank down (pic heavy)

HeyImBrian

Hey guys,

I've been MIA awhile but I wanted to share my bluegill mold/ bait I made this week. It weighs 3.5oz and it is just under 7" long. Both the mold and bait were made with alumilite products. The lip is lexan and the tail is microfibbets from a paintbrush. I'm not the greatest with an airbrush but I did my best to get it naturalish lol

post-4008-14253002361981_thumb.jpg

post-4008-14253002368054_thumb.jpg

post-4008-14253002374023_thumb.jpg

post-4008-14253002379511_thumb.jpg

post-4008-14253002385024_thumb.jpg

post-4008-14253002390524_thumb.jpg

hey man what did u use for the actual bluegill peice what is that... resin? if so what kind and were can i buy it i am just starting and what did u make the base mold out of

The bait is a 2 part resin made by alumilite and the mold is a silicon also made from alumilite

Very cool! Would love to see the process done in person! Super cool how it gets all the detail! Delta man made a few here a while back which is awesome too!

Still making them ;)

Nice bait Brian. Cool process, never seen it before. ;);) Sssssshhhhhhhh..... Did you mold it while the fish was still frozen?

Very cool! Would love to see the process done in person! Super cool how it gets all the detail! Delta man made a few here a while back which is awesome too!

Still making them ;)

Nice bait Brian. Cool process, never seen it before. ;);) Sssssshhhhhhhh..... Did you mold it while the fish was still frozen?

Yup it was frozen when I molded it. I've always wanted to try it. I like catching fish on home grown rather than all the hyped up stuff lol

Still making them ;)

Yup it was frozen when I molded it. I've always wanted to try it. I like catching fish on home grown rather than all the hyped up stuff lol

+1,000,000,000