daiwa lexa 300

daltondaily17

I like 5 to 1 for Hudds,and SLOW presentations

6 to 1 for well.... for fun :lol: Use it for everything

7 to 1 for anything I want speed with. (be carful grinding them in with 7 to 1) watch your pressure on the fish.

And yes you can reel slow with a high speed reel but I catch myself moving to fast to often when I do.

Im using all 3 speeds.

I like the 5 and 7 speed best, Good luck!

I have the 7:1 high speed, I use mainly for throwing big baits that great a lot of drag so the higher gear ratio helps move those baits along at a regular speed

It's been a killer reel so far, $126 on eBay with 2 day free shipping too.

I have the 7:1 high speed, I use mainly for throwing big baits that great a lot of drag so the higher gear ratio helps move those baits along at a regular speed

Sorry man that's just not so. That's like saying you start from every traffic light in 5th gear. If you really want a reel to move heavy baits effortlessly you drop gear ratios like a 5:1 or even 4:1. You sacrifice speed for torque.

Sorry man that's just not so. That's like saying you start from every traffic light in 5th gear. If you really want a reel to move heavy baits effortlessly you drop gear ratios like a 5:1 or even 4:1. You sacrifice speed for torque.

x2. No one understands how gear ratios work until you burn double bladed musky buck tails. they will rip your wrist apart and make you get surgery within months if you're using a high speed reel. This is why we fish big crank baits with the revo winch and slow speed reels at a low gear ratio. keeps it slow and reduces pressure on your wrists, making it easier to grind all day long.

Reels are top notch for the price! Ive thrown every thin from a 1/4 oz jig to the 14oz deadtwitch n still kickin ass. I took on out to the salt to see if i could blow it up on tuna n the reel handled the lil yellow fin perfect! Deff worth the buy! I like the 7:1 for top water n tt 6:3 for jus about every thin else.

post-4932-14253002541215_thumb.png

I like 5 to 1 for Hudds,and SLOW presentations

6 to 1 for well.... for fun :lol: Use it for everything

7 to 1 for anything I want speed with. (be carful grinding them in with 7 to 1) watch your pressure on the fish.

And yes you can reel slow with a high speed reel but I catch myself moving to fast to often when I do.

Im using all 3 speeds.

I like the 5 and 7 speed best, Good luck!

i do and have the same as Don...

Depends on the person I think. I dont use any 7.1 on very many things cuz Im so high strung i dont slow down enough. Id rather be turning the handle of a 6.3:1 faster then trying to stay right on a 7.1.. but its just personal preference

I have one in 5:1 and I love it wicked smooth casts sweet I throw all my baits on it right now it's my only setup and I throw hudds to cl8 possum and it works great with all of them. Very durable I accidentally clicked my spool shut mid cast with a hudd of and it finder the gears pretty bad but it still reels and casts great I was surprised.