3:16 wake

Mattyboy45

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lifetime warranty for unmodded and no repainted baits....why throw that all away? Not to mention you were night fishing, black does great at night :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's fine I won't be buying another. Thanks

^^^ that's pathetic, your judging the wake jr. because you smashed it off a dock and your pissed that it broke? one of the more solid baits you will find...

Lifetime warranty for unmodded and no repainted baits....why throw that all away? Not to mention you were night fishing, black does great at night :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

^^^ that's pathetic, your judging the wake jr. because you smashed it off a dock and your pissed that it broke? one of the more solid baits you will find...

This thread took a far left. Why do you care what he does? All he asked was if it happened to anyone else

Lmao thanks dude :lol::lol:

I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this. I won't buy another if this has happened to other people.

When Grady posted this on IG I figured it had to be a joke. There are a lot of people that don't fish Mickey's baits anymore but not a single one that I know of stopped fishing his baits because there was something wrong with the baits themselves. I honestly cannot think of a more durable hard bait on the market. You had a very unfortunate experience and it was just plain bad luck that your bait broke apart like that.

If you choose to buy another one or not is up to you. I hope you have had a chance to get ahold of Mickey and see what, if anything, he can do. Good luck!

Well, I fished a lot of 316's and they will break when you hit hard cover/bank.

The 6" baits can take a lot more abuse . The bigger baits don't do as well. I had brand new arms that I broke in one night . I was so bummed. So it happens. They aren't made to hit cover. I doubt he will warranty that. You hit a dock. That's your bad cast , not his. Just sayin.

Good luck.

No different then if you bought a new car, had it painted a different color and went out and smashed it into a tree. It's on you, not the maker of the car.

Baits aren't meant to be cast into hard objects. All the 3:16's I have ever owned were great quality, tough baits.

To answer the original question, yes, this happens once in awhile. Baits being cast with force into solid objects will chip, crack, and break every now and again. My 3:16 wake has hit rocks and the shore countless times leaving only minor chips.

It's the luck of the draw... Like dropping a cellphone, sometimes the screen cracks and sometimes it's perfectly fine.