MOAM Sticks 5150

ajs85

It's a guy out of Pueblo, CO doing some GREAT work.

A guy? It's Marbles aka Swimbo. He's a member here. :lol: And like I told him via Pm, I find it ironic that he was so passionate in his stance against any 3:16 copycats but now he makes custom rods that are suprisingly similar (IMO) to LDCs. :shock:

Which was surprisingly similar to Adam Cargill's rods, which were surprisingly similar to EVERY other custom tod. Pretty sure that swimbo was adamant against people dropping a bait into a mold and calling it their own. Pick up any custom rod and you will see differences in craftsmanship. Everything from hand contoured grips to eyelet spacing, to choice of blanks.

A guy? It's Marbles aka Swimbo. He's a member here. :lol: And like I told him via Pm, I find it ironic that he was so passionate in his stance against any 3:16 copycats but now he makes custom rods that are suprisingly similar (IMO) to LDCs. :shock:

You are an idiot.

You are an idiot.

:lol:

...I thought weed was supposed to mellow you out.

Sorry, i was trying to not blow up Swimbo's PM box.

As far as "copying" other rods...there's not a whole lot to do that hasn't been done at least once. It's about doing it in a quality build with well-matched components.

You are an idiot.

I'm chill. Just calling out people who're idiots.

Sorry...were you calling me an idiot? Wouldn't be the first time, just trying to clarify who's in the club.

I'm pretty sure he's talking to me. :lol:

You are an idiot.

I'm chill. Just calling out people who're idiots.

Let's review.

My argument:

Cam, aka Marbles aka Swimbo, a once regular-contributing member to this forum that was knowledgeable and respected by many, myself included and was outspoken against "copycat" baitmakers has started business custom wrapping rods (MOAM 5150) that, IMO, are surprisingly similar to Low Down Custom Rods. MOAM uses the same blank manufacturer as LDC, uses the same grip material and style (split-grip/flocked) as LDC, same reelseats as LDC, and the same micro- spiral-wrapped guides as LDC. You need look no further than MOAM's Instagram page to see the glaring similarities.

I had a conversation in regard to this with Cam via PM's where we essentially agreed to disagree. One point I will make in Cam's defense is that he makes what the customer asks for, so, if the customer wants something that is LDC-like, than so be it.

I would've (and should've) left this alone, but I found it suspicious that a member with 2 posts starts raving about how great MOAM sticks are.

Let's not forget that this site was founded on the "put-up-or-shut-up" mentality and while I don't always agree with the hard-line stance of some, I can't help to speak up when a post is, IMO, as transparent as the OP's post was.

ILIKEBIGBAITS' argument:

I'm an idiot.

Dan, you're obviously one of Cam's buddies and it is admirable that you came to his defense, I did the same for Ben, but you might want to try a different approach in the future if you expect to be taken seriously. Additionally, you may want to remove all the pictures of your "stash" from your Instagram page since there may come a time in your life when you regret it. :lol:

Lol. Same reel seats? My ldc doesn't have fuji acs on it. My ldc didn't have fuji concept alconite Micros either. The Eva u couldn't be more wrong. The x flock? Really that's all on the person who is ordering the rod. The blanks, can be argued... some moam blanks are prob the same.to what Ben uses. Some I doubt. You think the only blank cam uses is a phenix? Gtfo. Of course I'm gonna back my buddy up when he is getting ish talked by none other then you.... your just mad that cam wouldn't build u a rod... does Ben know what u say about his rods behind his back?? I like Ben and Ben is a nice guy. Cam is a #greatfriend and does this as a hobby. Have u seen him once try to market the rods? No. I have both moam and ldc rods.