battle for the underground question

SWIMBO

It may have been mentioned in the fourteen previous pages, honestly I didn't read the first ten. How about Regional Battles for the Underground? Maybe Northeast, Southeast, Northern, Midwest, West, and California? Just a thought

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may have been mentioned in the fourteen previous pages, honestly I didn't read the first ten. How about Regional Battles for the Underground? Maybe Northeast, Southeast, Northern, Midwest, West, and California? Just a thought

+1 I like this alot!

yea someone said that, not sure how far the idea went lol but seems like its worth re surfacing

+1 I like this alot!

yea someone said that, not sure how far the idea went lol but seems like its worth re surfacing

It would be cool imo

It was an idea I had.

I doubt it would grow wings here.

The only way to make it even remotely close to an even playing field would be to split the country into four sections. NE, NW, SE, and SW.. Then do a total length plus weight total for each fish from each section of the country. So lets say a 26" 11# fish from Alabama would be bigger than a 25.5" 11# fish from Georgia. Even though the weight is the same the length is the tie breaker. The sections/divisions of the country would only compete against themselves until the last month of the season then the top 12 anglers would compete against each other (the top three from each division) for AOY in a sudden death shootout.

As for spots and smallies there is a calculator that can be used to level the playing field for those two species. I believe it is the AMI Calculator.

Or you can use length first and weight as the tie breaker because we have all caught skinny fish that were either post spawn or under nourished.

Ultimately it does not matter though. Big fish don't just jump into peoples boats you have to put the time on the water. A 7# LMB is a nice fish no matter what part of the country you live in. And the vast majority of bass anglers will never see a DD fish in their lives let alone catch one regardless of what part of the country they live in or what type baits they throw.....

Like Wayne said. Doesnt really matter cuz it's not gonna change the way I fish. We are doing some New England contests lately and having fun with that. Those are enough to keep me busy...

Let's do it State by State heaviest Bass, then, throw all the names in a hat, and, pick a name in front of ten witnesses.... :roll: I don't know..free or not, this is another reason I don't do any type of tournaments any more. My heaviest bass in Massachusetts was over ten pounds, and, don't think I'll ever do that again...But there's hope.. ;) one cast at a time. :)

Or had Regional sub forums.?

This. Seeing big fish from cali is cool, but seeing fish like SPEEDS 8#er makes me want to quit "Not Allowed" footing and go fish.

I say do regional tournaments, and send all the winners to Cuba or Mexico to fish for a week and see who comes back with the biggest fish. No home lake advantage. If you don't come home because the drug cartels got you then your automatically disqualified.

Or had Regional sub forums.?

This. Seeing big fish from cali is cool, but seeing fish like SPEEDS 8#er makes me want to quit "Not Allowed" footing and go fish.

I say do regional tournaments, and send all the winners to Cuba or Mexico to fish for a week and see who comes back with the biggest fish. No home lake advantage. If you don't come home because the drug cartels got you then your automatically disqualified.

For.chud.

It was an idea I had.

I doubt it would grow wings here.

The only way to make it even remotely close to an even playing field would be to split the country into four sections. NE, NW, SE, and SW.. Then do a total length plus weight total for each fish from each section of the country. So lets say a 26" 11# fish from Alabama would be bigger than a 25.5" 11# fish from Georgia. Even though the weight is the same the length is the tie breaker. The sections/divisions of the country would only compete against themselves until the last month of the season then the top 12 anglers would compete against each other (the top three from each division) for AOY in a sudden death shootout.

As for spots and smallies there is a calculator that can be used to level the playing field for those two species. I believe it is the AMI Calculator.

Or you can use length first and weight as the tie breaker because we have all caught skinny fish that were either post spawn or under nourished.

Ultimately it does not matter though. Big fish don't just jump into peoples boats you have to put the time on the water. A 7# LMB is a nice fish no matter what part of the country you live in. And the vast majority of bass anglers will never see a DD fish in their lives let alone catch one regardless of what part of the country they live in or what type baits they throw.....

Thats a pretty slick idea.

Like Wayne said. Doesnt really matter cuz it's not gonna change the way I fish. We are doing some New England contests lately and having fun with that. Those are enough to keep me busy...

Let's do it State by State heaviest Bass, then, throw all the names in a hat, and, pick a name in front of ten witnesses.... :roll: I don't know..free or not, this is another reason I don't do any type of tournaments any more. My heaviest bass in Massachusetts was over ten pounds, and, don't think I'll ever do that again...But there's hope.. ;) one cast at a time. :)

10lber in Bassachusetts?! You can't just leave me hangin' like that!

Cali should be excluded altogether, that would solve the problem. Oli amd Mike both have 17s.

That's MY fish. Since catching that monster, I grew a foot taller and gained about 100lbs. Lost the tan too.